+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Harry Potter wears them, he is pretty cool.

The kid from Stuart Little wears them doesn't he?

The kid from Witches wears them, that movie with Angelica Housten with the mouse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 6yo may need glasses - he's very distressed

What got me through wearing glasses (I've been wearing them since I was 3) is what my mum always told me:

It doesn't matter if you wear glasses or not, cause when your a grown up, almost everyone has them...
    Your just lucky you get them first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Age 6 is a big friend making time and kids can be cruel at very young ages. Concerns over anything that makes them stand out are very normal. Also, it would be a concern that it might impede his ability to be physically active without breaking or losing the glasses. Its good to know that he wont need to wear them 24/7. There is nothing wrong with hoping your childs eyes will get better but I am sure you will continue to be supportive and positive if he doesnt.
    All the best to ur little man and remind him that harry potter is awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He hasn't watched harry potter but does have a board game about it so will definitely point that out, thanks guys for that idea. I saw some Star Wars glasses online at Specsavers which he thought might be cool too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My 6 year really wants glasses and she (so far) doesn't need them! She thinks they're awesome and cool and is so jealous of me and all her spec wearing family and friends.

Soooooo different to when I was young and wearing glasses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter has wanted glasses from about 6 but has her eyes tested every year and they are fine. She recently saw the Star Wars ones as well and loves them.

Is he too young to watch the first harry potter movie? What about Stuart Little, with the mouse?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll check out the Harry Potter movie but he has seen Stuart Little but may be a good time to watch it again.

MKF: it is very different to when I was young too - I got my glasses in yr 9 I think and still got picked on and I only had to use them to read the whiteboards. I do worry that will happen to him but am in no way letting him in on that, keeping that one to myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The first one might be ok for him, maybe the second. The third might be a bit much and from 4 onwards they get a bit dark. My 9 year old has read them all and seen all the movies, but they are bit much for other kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanDream View Post
    I'll check out the Harry Potter movie but he has seen Stuart Little but may be a good time to watch it again.

MKF: it is very different to when I was young too - I got my glasses in yr 9 I think and still got picked on and I only had to use them to read the whiteboards. I do worry that will happen to him but am in no way letting him in on that, keeping that one to myself!
    I got mine when I was 10 and it was awful. I got contacts at 15 and never wore my specs, but now at 30 odd, I love my Tiffany glasses and wear them all the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you went through that, it's tough isn't it.

He has a mate with glasses at school and a few girls in his class have glasses and there have been no issues with them so fingers crossed that doesn't happen like it used to.