+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diagnosed PCOS TTC #1

I have just been diagnosed with PCOS over 3 months ago. Instantly I googled and researched every website I could, as the Gyn I had seen at the time( routine check up) just seemed to brush past it and ignore it as I had told him my DP and I hadn't thought about TTC. I had no symptoms to alert me earlier to the fact I may have had PCOS as my AF is regular 32 days, and I don't fall under any other "symptoms" associated with the cause. Once diagnosed my DP and I have been talking a lot more about our TTC options, we don't use contraception anymore as we are if it happens it happens. I have a GYN appointment on the 12th of next month which I am hoping for more answers more options. I have cut certain foods, such as sugars and fats out of my diet which resulted in me loosing 7kgs and I am continuing this till I see my GYN. I would like to know of others who have gone through this and been successful in conceiving to share their stories. My biggest fear is not being able to be a mummy and or having to travel down a long road of medical jargo to have my long wish to come true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome, I have had PCOS since I was 18, and lots of Symptoms....you sound pretty lucky.

Do you know if you are ovulating?

You may be regular, that is a good sign, but you can be regular and not ovulate, you will have to have BT's to find out.

If you haven't been TTC you won't know your body, get to know it so you can be more aware of the best times to conceive.

Good luck with the Gyn, there are loads of options and it sounds like you are on the right path!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MINIRoo View Post
    Welcome, I have had PCOS since I was 18, and lots of Symptoms....you sound pretty lucky.

Do you know if you are ovulating?

You may be regular, that is a good sign, but you can be regular and not ovulate, you will have to have BT's to find out.

If you haven't been TTC you won't know your body, get to know it so you can be more aware of the best times to conceive.

Good luck with the Gyn, there are loads of options and it sounds like you are on the right path!

Thank you

I think that may be my problem I a regular but not ovulating. It is such a blank canvis to what I actually know about it due to the Gyn who diagnosed it without going into detail as we, at the time hadn't thought about TTC.
    Excuse my ignorance but what are BT's?

Like I said there is no actively trying but there isn't any prevention either and we are yet to even have a scare

I will be sure to update once I do speak to the GYN and whe to from here. I know I might not sound as extreme as some others of you beautiful ladies but I am sstill very scared that it may be a long path to conceiving.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diagnosed PCOS TTC #1

BT = blood tests