+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default No More Excuses!

Ok so here I go.....

Ive always wanted to lose a bit of weight, but my main goal is to be healthier and fitter. I look back and I say Ive tried... but I havent really when I think about it. I could eat ALOT healthier. I could also be alot fitter. Im on maternity leave so although bub keeps me busy, I can go for a walk or do exercises when he is asleep, content etc.

Food.... I love food haha! But although I like cooking, I seem to grab alot of takeaway as its easy.. mainly for lunch when Im out and about with bub. I cook dinner alot, but they could also be healthier. I read the clean eating thread too, but although Im super excited about what everyone is doing there, I am trying to do what will work for me. So even if I can just start to eat a little bit healthier I know its better then what I have been doing in the past.

Id also like to learn to run.... sounds funny, but I have never been able to. I have been trying to build myself up however I lost focus and need to start again. I found some inspiration in another thread and got the app 'C25K'. I had planned to start that today and although I dont want to start with excuses already, the best time for me to go with bub is just before lunch, however now I have a maintenance guy coming to fix something. If he is quick, I WILL still go.

I also find it hard to exercise once dp is home from work as he if often quite late (after dinner and when its dark) so I dont feel comfortable going at night and he is home late often so dont want to count on me being able to go when he gets home.

Why not join a gym? Same reason as above. I also am worried I will not go and waste money (trying to be realistic as on one wage atm)

So anywho, I dont know what I want from all you lovely hubbers, or If I need anything from you, Or if there are any kind words you can give, or to yell at me when I fall off track.... But I thought If I put it in writing this time, and others can read it, it might just make me try that bit harder.

So here I go.... Day 1....

I have taken my hip, waist and boob measuresments, and my weight. As last time I lost weight I lost cms before kgs. I might do this each week?

I have already done some stretches and 200 situps. I will also try to start the C25K If I can, otherwise it will have to be tomorrow. I have also already planned lunch. I have some salad, bread and some rice cakes, so I will either have a salad sandwich or some salad with the rice cakes.

Thanks for reading.....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No More Excuses!

So the maintenance guy called to change the time so I thought it was a sign that I needed to go on my jog!

I DID IT!!

I'm so proud of myself! I didn't think I was going to be able to jog that far!
    My legs are already killing so it should be interesting when I try to get out of bed in the morning hehehehe

I also ate my rice cakes... Actually they were corn cakes... With salad for lunch

Day 1 a success!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling fantastic today!

Yesterday I felt bleh as I had a super bad headache from sugar withdrawels... soft drink mainly, I drink way too much of it. After dinner I was finding it so hard and I just wanted something sweet, so.... I went to bed! haha Got outta that one! haha!

But anyway, woke up feeling great, just 3 days of healthier eating and Im noticing a difference. Completed the second day of c25k too.... WOO HOO!

My partner is eating healthier too... He didnt say he would, but I noticed he is not eating as much, and isnt drinking as much alcohol as normal So hopefully he might be getting into it too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misspumpkin For This Useful Post:

mummaof4  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default No More Excuses!

Go you!!! No more excuses :-))
    That happened to me in March, with a 5 kilo stressloss in February I decided it was time to drop down from what was 83kilos and became 78 kilos to ultimately 73 kilos. I gave myself until the end of the year.
    With 3 kids 6.5, 4 and almost 2 I didn't want to put too much pressure on myself.
    It is now August, I mostly do clean eating, I have started running , now play netball twice a week and do a trek in Mt Dandenongs in Victoria called 1000 steps every Sunday. Impressive hey from just being a casual walker ;-)
    So in January I was 83 kilos size 14 almost 16, two weeks ago I hit my dream of dream weight!!!!! 73 you are thinking!? Nope I dropped 24 kilos and now weigh 59 kilos! No more weight loss for me, I'm back to pre baby weight and back into size 8! Anyone can do anything if they just set their mind to it and have NO EXCUSES ;-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly8329 For This Useful Post:

mummaof4  (25-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW 24 KGS! Thats fantastic! Good on you! And with 3 kidlets too! Good on you! You absolutely smashed your first goal haha!
    Id like to lose about maybe 10kgs... I havent really got an actual weight im aiming towards, but I know if I lost 10kg id look alot healthier.
    Thats amazing that you do so much exercise now My jogging is going really well, Im surprised how it just gets that little bit easier each time. I cant wait until it warms up as I love the water so Im looking forward to swimming.

Im really really happy that my dp is taking on board a healthier lifestyle. We went out for lunch today and he picked something healthy, had a glass of water and a glass of softdrink. It doesnt sound exciting, but he normally has something deep fried and a few beers. So him doing that made me feel good and it was easier for me to pick something healthy too. We actually had a really nice time

I cant wait until tomorrow. I want to 'weigh in'! I honestly dont think Ive lost anything, but it will be great if I have. I feel alot better so even if I havent lost, i'll still be happy!

Thanks for your kind words, it makes a huge difference when someone else tells you that they have done what you are attempting to do

Thanks
    Reviews

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So, at the end of week 1, I am not only feeling great, I also weighed in at 1.2kg lighter, and I lost 2 cms from my bust, and 1cm from both my waist and hips! YIPPEE!

(I know my bust may vary though as im b/fing, so im trying do measure at the same time each week)

Unfortunately I ate a pile of junk yesterday as dp and I were in a town we had never been before and all we could find was kfc We had planned on a nice pub lunch or something semi healthy but there was no where! Devo....

Oh well, atleast I am seeing results now, so i'll keep going! yew!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No More Excuses!

Quote Originally Posted by misspumpkin View Post
    WOW 24 KGS! Thats fantastic! Good on you! And with 3 kidlets too! Good on you! You absolutely smashed your first goal haha!
    Id like to lose about maybe 10kgs... I havent really got an actual weight im aiming towards, but I know if I lost 10kg id look alot healthier.
    Thats amazing that you do so much exercise now My jogging is going really well, Im surprised how it just gets that little bit easier each time. I cant wait until it warms up as I love the water so Im looking forward to swimming.

Im really really happy that my dp is taking on board a healthier lifestyle. We went out for lunch today and he picked something healthy, had a glass of water and a glass of softdrink. It doesnt sound exciting, but he normally has something deep fried and a few beers. So him doing that made me feel good and it was easier for me to pick something healthy too. We actually had a really nice time

I cant wait until tomorrow. I want to 'weigh in'! I honestly dont think Ive lost anything, but it will be great if I have. I feel alot better so even if I havent lost, i'll still be happy!

Thanks for your kind words, it makes a huge difference when someone else tells you that they have done what you are attempting to do
    Haha yep smashed it :-)
    Oh my husband annoys me! One of those eat anything anywhere at anytime and never put 1 kilo on!! Stupid genes ;-)
    Yep you can defiantly do anything if you really want to and its suprisingly not hard

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No More Excuses!

So, at the end of week 1, I am not only feeling great, I also weighed in at 1.2kg lighter, and I lost 2 cms from my bust, and 1cm from both my waist and hips! YIPPEE!

(I know my bust may vary though as im b/fing, so im trying do measure at the same time each week)

Unfortunately I ate a pile of junk yesterday as dp and I were in a town we had never been before and all we could find was kfc We had planned on a nice pub lunch or something semi healthy but there was no where! Devo....

Ooo go you!!!!
    Argh no not the bust ;-) haha
    I went from 16 C to 12A haha my poor boobies are gone!
    It's always easier when you see results first few weeks, it motivates you more than anything!!! Keep it up mumma

Thanks
    Reviews

Default No More Excuses!

Hehe thanks, but I want to lose my bust! I could halve them and still have very decent sized boobs hahaha. So I hope I'm like you and drop down

I haven't been able to jog the last 2 days as I hurt a leg. Fingers crossed that I can get back into my jogs soon before I lose focus.

I also cooked myself oats for breakfast this morning... Thought I'd give them a try..... Not for me at all! Even with fresh berries mixes in it was not to my taste at all.... Oh well I'll look for more breakfast ideas online lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: No More Excuses!

Well done!!!
    After reading your original post it was like you were inside my head - I too am looking to be a healthier version of myself but I keep piling on the excuses - I did start fresh back in May with the aim of taking up running but severely hurt my back and soon lost focus and well its been a down hill slide from there - but this week I just can't get it out my head and with the weather warming again there is no time like the present!
    ((HUGS)) hope the leg heals fast ans you can get back on track and thank you for sharing - you have given me some motivation

sent from my happy place while I steal 5min for myself