+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default *tmi warning* Help! Killer hemorrhoids!!

Aaarrrggghhhh I'm 26 weeks currently and already my hemorrhoids are unbearable!! I haven't even entered my 3rd tri!!!! They're HUGE, there's a few of them, they itch like CRAZY and are so uncomfortable!!!!!

I've been using the steroid creams since my first tri, but they barely help. it's not constipation that causes them, so stool softeners aren't the answer. I tend to have soft poop, but poop 2-3 times a day so I think it's the frequency that irritates the hemorrhoids.

Does anyone have any treatment suggestions that may help me? I read about sitz baths but we dont have a bath tub. I read about witch hazel, but not sure if it really helps, or if safe in pregnancy?

Pls help, it's gotten so bad that the itching even keeps me up all nite!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Have you seen a dr?

Thanks
    Reviews
    could it be something in your diet that is irritating them? cirtus? dairy?

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I would recommend a bath with epsom salts but since you don't have a bath that could be tricky.

You need to have a no strain policy on the toilet, so absolutely no straining whatsoever! If you do then I would recommend some metamucil on a daily basis (tastes better in cordial).

I think a visit to the doc might be the go.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Make sure you pop them back in when you have finished pooping, works for me!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'd go to the doctor to get it checked out, a relative of mine was having similar prob, went to her GP and had to be sent for surgery that day, you don't want it to get that bad!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I suggest going to your Ob or GP to have a look... I used Witch Hazel and it did work for me. I never really had pain, but the itch. OMG the itch!!!! It did relieve it for me...

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews

I have bought it up with GP and OB and they just tell me to use the creams!!! They haven't actually asked to see it yet

Thermo, u pop it back in? How do u do that if they're huge?

Bec, I don't actually need to strain for most poops.. And coz I'm not actually constipated, wasn't sure if Metamucil was needed? I don't actually want to go more than I already do!!

3IAT- where do I get witch hazel from? I asked at one pharmacy and they didn't have any..

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got mine from a Phamacy. If the creams aren't working and the Witch Hazel doesn't either, I would go back to your Dr's and tell them that and ask them to have a look.

Oh, can't believe I didn't think of this. I used a haemorrhoid cream that had just come off prescription and had an allergic reaction to it! The pain and itch was unbearable. Maybe you've had an allergic reaction to the cream?? I then was prescribed antibiotics and another cream to help. This then cleared up in a couple of days!