+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    public spa's are a no-no because of germies!

and my midwife & GP both said the same thing as Witwicky I lived in them in the beginning - I had super painful cramping & it was my only relief!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Justwant2beamummy  (21-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting our spa installed in a few weeks!!! Finally, its been upright in the shed for 15 months... hope the rats haven't got into it...

My neighbour is a spa maintenance man and he was saying the chemicals used in spa's were a NO NO during pregnancy... but dont they use chemicals in pools too... Maybe I should just put myself in a bubble for the next 20 weeks...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What is the go with spas and baths?

If the bath water was hot enough to cause any harm your first worry would likely be your scalded skin.

Warm baths are fine. Spa's in clean water would also be fine - if the water looks manky don't go in.
    Common sense is a great tool to use in pregnancy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Rbottom View Post
    We are getting our spa installed in a few weeks!!! Finally, its been upright in the shed for 15 months... hope the rats haven't got into it...

My neighbour is a spa maintenance man and he was saying the chemicals used in spa's were a NO NO during pregnancy... but dont they use chemicals in pools too... Maybe I should just put myself in a bubble for the next 20 weeks...
    I used to work in a pool and spa shop and the chemicals for spas (for the most part) are exactly the same as the ones for pools - just different packaging.

We are about to move into a house that has a spa. I was under the impression that it was the temperature that was the issue.... I was kind of hoping that I could use it in the warmer months (when I'm heavy pregnant), without the heater on, and it would be ok? Should I be thinking twice?

Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ob said they are a no go but if i was desperate i could dangle my legs in it..but not actually go in it. the more your body is in it the worse it is re heat. There are also bacteria in many so need to be aware of that as well.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

It's a old wives tale about no baths during pregnancy it can cause infections! Lol my mil tricked me in my first pregnancy telling me this and as I had no idea what I was doing I believed her. I have baths this time (didn't want to with dd) I mainly have baths this time and norm with the kids lol they are lovely an warm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Pools and spas have the same chemicals I think spas are too hot but a normal temp (like not uncomfortable) are wonderful in pregnancy! We have a massive one too and I loved it when I was pregnant.

I had 2 water births abd the middies did monitor the temp of the water but j can't for the life of me remember what it was!

That sounds very weird about the spa jet/pressure points. If that were true you could easily just not sit in front of a jet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Pools and spas have the same chemicals I think spas are too hot but a normal temp (like not uncomfortable) are wonderful in pregnancy! We have a massive one too and I loved it when I was pregnant.

I had 2 water births abd the middies did monitor the temp of the water but j can't for the life of me remember what it was!

That sounds very weird about the spa jet/pressure points. If that were true you could easily just not sit in front of a jet?
    At this point, if I thought it worked, I'd be jamming myself against the jets :haha:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    At this point, if I thought it worked, I'd be jamming myself against the jets :haha:
    Go try it and let us know! You may have a water birth!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Go try it and let us know! You may have a water birth!
    Oh I'd love that!