+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had hot baths.. but I always regulated the temp and added cold water when my skin started turning red and I'd have a line from just below my breasts where I was white up top and red below.. lol.. not good apparantly, but I could judge for myself. I read that in Sweden the native women still have hot sauna's whilst pregnant so figured my bath was OK

Also, the water can't go inside or enter the cervix because the mucus plug protects you. This is what I was told, anyway..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What is the go with spas and baths?

Oh no I cooked my 3 babies having hot baths and showers. This is why I'm pregnant with my 4th, so I can do everything perfect and have a good one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had lots of hot baths too, so much so I thought I might give birth to a lump of corned beef.
    Last edited by Stiflers Mom; 20-08-2012 at 00:26.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me  (20-08-2012),thepouts  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I had heaps of very hot baths before i knew i was pregnant, the problem with them (and spas) is that there is an increased risk of neural tube defects if you raise your temp too high in early pregnancy, which is why fevers are a problem.
    So far my baby appears okay but i have been bleeding constantly and can't help but worry i've damaged my baby in some way
    It is usually fine though.

Thanks
    Reviews

If your bath is as shallow as mine your bump won't even get wet! DH jokes about the 3 islands when I'm in the bath - bump and boobs!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleo77 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (20-08-2012),Guest1234  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo77 View Post
    If your bath is as shallow as mine your bump won't even get wet! DH jokes about the 3 islands when I'm in the bath - bump and boobs!
    Haha! Funny. I have an enormous bath. DH and I and 3 kids can all fit very comfortably! The kids can duck dive in it.
    I'd really really miss it but I'll just monitor the temp. Can't WAIT to labour in it for a few hours.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My midwife advised that baths are perfectly fine...it would be too uncomfortable/too hot to lie in a bath which is a dangerous temperature for the baby, so it's a non-issue...so basically, if you feel comfortable with the temp of the water in the bath, it's fine.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (20-08-2012),HugsBunny  (20-08-2012),MothersMilk  (20-08-2012),thepouts  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What is the go with spas and baths?

Spas are not allowed cause the jets could hurt your back and can hit the right pressure points to bring on labour. Baths are not ok cause its hard to tell if ur waters break. Thats what my midwife told me. Mind u when i was in prelabour the midwife at the hospital said have a bath to ease back pain

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Youngish87 View Post
    Spas are not allowed cause the jets could hurt your back and can hit the right pressure points to bring on labour. Baths are not ok cause its hard to tell if ur waters break. Thats what my midwife told me. Mind u when i was in prelabour the midwife at the hospital said have a bath to ease back pain

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub
    Lol! If that worked we'd all be jumping in the spa at 39 weeks! The jets can't hurt your back and you'd have to be very lucky to a- find said pressure points and b- be able to hold the points at the jets long enough for it to work. The main ones for labour are supposed to be on the back of the hand Near the thumb joint, top of the foot near the joint of the first two toes and at the back of the ankle, four finger spaces above the ankle bone. Pretty awkward to find with a spa! Let alone to get both sides at once and apply enough pressure and for long enough... You get the idea
    As for the waters thing, don't worry, if you stand up and there is large amounts of fluid coming out, you'll notice
    I'm 36 wks and have a bath every night. I think the main risks are overheating-so be sensible with the temp, and UTI's, if you are prone to them.

Bex is offline Pushy Princess Perfects Don't Push On Me I Bite :P
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lol I live in the bath towards the end of pregnancy and 4 out of 5 babies had to be evicted by the doctors lol and are balls of energy.