+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Raspberry leaf?

I've heard of people taking raspberry leaf either tea or tablets while pregnant. Why? Is it good or bad? I've heard conflicting things and googles not helping a lot so looking for anyone that knows or has experience with it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Raspberry leaf?

Best way to get any kind of real info about the benefits is by going to a health food store and asking one of the assistants. I went to go vita and spoke to a naturopath who worked there. I heard loads of conflicting info too but ended up deciding to take the tablets, they are a higher concentrate than the tea. From what I understand it helps strengthen your uterus. Not entirely sure how, but if it doesn't harm bub, there is no harm in trying! Hope this makes sense, baby brain is really starting to effect me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I drank the tea from 12 weeks with all my pregnanices. It is supposed to tone your uterus. DOn't know if it helped because I have nothing to compare it to but it always caused braxton hicks so I guess it was doing something. I love the taste of it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Raspberry leaf?

Oooh thought I'd add, the naturopath did say that the best time to start was 32 weeks, so make sure you get all the details and make the right choice for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Raspberry leaf?

I took it in tablet form (didn't like the tea enough to drink enough for it to have an effect).
    It works by toning your uterus, making it more effective during labour.
    With DD1 I wasn't very good at remembering to take it. Her labour was about 12 hours (active) with about 15 mins of pushing.
    With DD2 I took it religiously, the labour was 5 hours and she was out in one push.
    Hard to say if the RLT helped for sure or not, but I feel it certainly did help especially with the pushing stage.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Raspberry leaf?

Thanks ladies. I don't want Braxton hicks! Scary.. I haven't had them yet. I'm having a c section so not sure that taking the tea would actually help me then sounds more for vaginal birth from what you say about strengthening the uterus etc

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Raspberry leaf?

I started taking the tablets at 30 weeks or so. It apparently tones the uterus, to help it work better during labour. Both of my labours were fairly short, not sure if that's the reason or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larissa88 View Post
    Thanks ladies. I don't want Braxton hicks! Scary.. I haven't had them yet. I'm having a c section so not sure that taking the tea would actually help me then sounds more for vaginal birth from what you say about strengthening the uterus etc
    OH yes, I think they recommend not to have it if you know you are having a c section? Not competely sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know if its ok to take if you have had a previous c-section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took it late in my second pregnancy but didn't even think to check if it was ok. My mw knew I was taking it and didn't say anything but I'd check with a dr just to be sure.