+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnancy and clexane

Hello

I am currently pregnant with my 4th child due in april 2013. This is my second pregnancy on clexane injections daily due to a few miscarriages. The pregnancy seems to be going well and we are happy to now be 8 weeks. I am wondering if there is any other mums pregnant and on the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm pregnant (due in march though) and I'm on daily clexane shots too. I'm 12+1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice to meet you via the net Nat84u. Do you find you are more tired n the injections hurt? This is my second pregnancy on cleaxane although the doctor has doubled the amount of clexane this time around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Yeah they sting as I'm injecting them. Sometimes the skin feels tough to push the needle through too. Getting a fair bit of bruising as well. Ahh the things we do! I'm doing 1 needle of 40mg daily. I'm tired, but I think that may just be from the actual pregnancy. I'm on prednisolone as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah they definately sting. I have so many bruises I am running out of places to do the injections now. Definately worth it though. I always think about holding my baby in my arms when I have them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    I was on clexane from BFP to 12 weeks for recurrent miscarriage. I found that if I followed these steps, most of the time I couldn't even feel it (and I have NO pain tollerence).
    1- Ice the area till it is very red and numb.
    2- Select a nice fatty area (helps if you have a bit of a muffin top) of tummy about two to four inches either side of your belly button.
    3- Grab a bit and squeeze between thumb and forefinger.
    4- Stab hard and fast. The slower you do it, the more it hurts.
    5- Plunge SLOWLY while watching something interesting.
    6- Pull out needle fast then let go of your belly.

If it stings, ice again (but not for too long). You will find there are areas that kill no matter what you do, and areas that are great. I am 19 weeks now and still have a faint bruise from one of mine, but it is fading.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi - i am on clexane too. but mine is from dvt's and a pe. this is my 4th bub too. i am on 100mg twice a day and i am so over the needles. i found thigh hurts less but you can get a little lump that hangs around for a few weeks because of the air at the end of the syringe. i am injecting more to my side than belly button. i found i have too many blood vessels further in and get some whopper bruises. but you do need to pinch hard and stab quick.

good luck ladies. i hope you guys don't have to be on the clexane for the whole pregnancy (unlike me)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone,
    I'm on clexane as well. 40mg once a day as well as 100mg of aspirin once a day. This is my second pregnancy on clexane. This time around I'm finding the needles sting so badly and I'm bruising like nothing before. The plan is for me to be on clexane till 2 weeks before the baby is born which kinda says to me that I will be having a c section so they know exactly when the baby is coming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I am on clexane 40mg and one asprin a day till 1-2 weeks before due date as well. I am having a planned cesarean as my last 3 children were born via cesarean as well. I unfortunately do not have the joy of being able to give born naturally. I am brusing more than the first time one clexane as well. Tomorrow I am going to try the ice as suggested. Do you ice before you have the needle and is it the ice that prevents the big bruises?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and hello to everyone that has joined our discussion.

Its so nice to know there are others sharing my same journey.