Closed Thread
Page 74 of 81 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yey Pippi for moving in!!!

Hopeful yey for booking ur C section date!!

And yey Mrs Jag for being so close!!

I can't believe that u are all due next MONTH!!!! OMG!!! So exciting!!

We haven't started our classes yet (2 weeks) so not sure what to pack other than what I've read in magazines - breast pads, granny undies, comfy day clothes and pjs suitable for BF along with any toiletries. One articles also said its a good idea to pack a labor bag separately with all things things ull want - eg an iPod, camera, snacks, swimmers (if up want to get in the shower or bath).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Abubby! It;s making it very real! Oh cool that your classes start soon, I enjoyed mine and learnt a lot more then I thought would. Hoep you get a nice class.

As for the hospital bag I have so far in mine:
    - 3 packs of maternity pads
    - 1 box of nursing pads
    - Kleenex toilet wet wipe as I heard it can be painful going to the toilet after (not that I will have that now with the C Section but am bringing them anyway, freshen up while I can't move)
    - Face wipes
    - Toiletries
    - A pack of huge undies that I can chuck if need be
    - Maternity bras
    - Feeding tops
    - Pjs (Because of the C Section I also got a nightie with buttons for feeding for the first day when you are bed bound - Big W)
    - Soft pants (Kmart sell black pj pants that look like yoga pants for $3)
    - Cardie
    - Socks
    - Make-up & hair straightners
    - Chocolate (Need it after having GD)
    - Camera and chargers (phone charger included)
    - Health card
    - Going home outfit

I've probably forgotton something. But although it looks like a lot, I fit all mine in one bag! We only live 25 mins away though, and DH is going to go back daily to check and feed the cats, so he can always grab anything I may have forgotten, same I would imagine for most of you too.

Yea Abubby I have heard for labour bags to have all those things and a fan, spray water for your face, socks because apparantly your feet can get very cold from the adrenalin rushing around your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $3 pants from Kmart?! Oh I'm there

Hopeful are u buying special nursing tops or can u use anything?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know!! Everyone loves a bargain!!

I've got 3 nursing tops that I got from target, ranging from $6.86 to $20 - the sale one I got only a week or so ago, so might still have some at your local target. Otherwise I was just going to wear my normal stuff and see how I go
    They are prtty plain vest type tops so I can wear a cardie over in winter!

Thanks
    Reviews

Do u need maternity pads of u r having a c-section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you do as you still experience the blood loss, hadn't really thought about it, but I remember a friend telling me after her c section

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have my bag packed with most of what's already there, but I added a few extras too... a good pillow (the hospital ones suck!) and one of my own towels (again - the hospital ones suck!) and a good roll or two of SOFT loo paper!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea Mrs Jag will be adding a towel for sure. Toilet paper and pillows seem good here

Thanks
    Reviews
    What about Laniosh (wrong spelling) cream. It is nipple cream you can use while breastfeeding? My friend swears by it and the nurse recommended it.

How many sets of clothes are you taking for bub? I was sorting through what I had and working out how many onesies and day outfits to take. I don't have enough clothes yet but it is my baby shower tomorrow and I am going shopping next week with my $150 target voucher I got from work. Yay!

His nursery is slowly being set up. Should be done by the end of the long weekend.

Time is ticking away for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our hospital provides clothes during their stay (thank goodness) so I'm only taking a handful of wondersuits and a going home outfit. I have a lanolin-based cream for the nips, yus!

I am getting so, so tired. Yesterday was in a foul mood for no reason - I think I'm almost at the 'GET THIS BABY OUT' stage. Anytime from Monday (37 weeks!) I would be THRILLED to go into labour!