Closed Thread
Page 73 of 81 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Kanner! Do you know what you are having? How has your pregnancy been?

I was planning on a vaginal birth (prob induced due to G/D) but was always keeping my options very open. However, bubs is breech and is very happy to stay that way so we are now booked in for a c section. OB said she could try turning the baby, but it's only successful in 51% of cases, and to be honest I feel that there is a reason why he/she is breech and so will just go with a c section (out of interest I was also a breech baby with the cord wrapped round my neck a few times - link?) Ps. I always thought I was going to have a c section from day 1.

Mimi I think you need to do whatever you feel comfortable with, along with the guidance of your OB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree the way you give birth it is such a personal choice!

Hopeful have u heard of an ECV?? I dont know what that is but it has something to do with Breech babies. i only stumbled across it today on the normal pregnancy forum and lots of people reckon its worked?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys

Our plan is just to see how labour goes. We don't have a reason for a c-sec at this point, so I would love to try for a vaginal birth & see how we go. If things happen between now and labour or during the delivery, I'll swap. Whatever is best for baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have u had any further appts Mrsjag - all ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Mimi. All ok so far, just trying to get through these last few weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Abubby thanks for that, yea that was what my OB was talking about when she said it has about 50% success rate. I'm not fussed about having a C Section just a healthy happy baby. And I get to meet the little one a bit earlier.

How is everyone doing. We just had a super hot weekend, thank goodness for air con

I had my OB appt today, all is looking good, although OB said I have excess amniotic fluid. I did the google when I got home, and freaked myself out a little bit. Googling is guaranteed freaking out! OB was not worried at all, it wasn't excessive, just high, and I trust her... only 2 weeks to go, and another appt next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefuljen - yes google is very good for freaking us out! 2 weeks left that is so exciting! Are you all ready?

We moved into our new house today. So exciting! Just need to get the cot and change table from mum and dads so I can set up the nursery.

We also had an ob appointment today and all looks good. Ob said that you can see he ribs go up and down when he is breathing and that is a reassuring sign of a healthy baby.

We told him of our decision to have a Caesarian delivery and all is booked in for the 24th of April. 4 weeks to go!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah you guys! So close! I have a sick grandma and am really hoping baby gets the show started a little earlier than her original due date (the 22nd) so they can meet. Maybe I need to start doing more 'labour inducing' things. Any suggestions? I'm on raspberry leaf capsules already...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooooh Pippi how exciting to be in your new home and to get the nursery set up!!! WOW 4 weeks to go!! I'm so glad that you made a decision as to your birth, the next 4 weeks are going to go by so quick!! I'm pretty much all ready, but going to finnish off my hospital bag tonight and make sure hubby knows what to grab last minute if need be, but am hoping all will be calm as we make our way in for the C Section so no crazy rushing about hehe Our time has moved to 7am - yay even earlier!!!

MrsJag I have heard that these things can help: Peppermint tea, hot food, sex (orgasms can bring on uterine contractions), walking, having everything ready for the baby (some people say the baby knows, inc all hospital bags etc), induction... I really hope your little girl and her great grandma get to meet

Thanks
    Reviews
    My nurse said to sit forward with your legs spread out to encourage anterior position.

Yeah it is very exciting! I haven't packed my bag yet. My DH said during our antenatal class in Sunday you know what to pack don't you as u have no idea. So cute! Then he said later you need to pack your bag as anything can happen! I think it is sinking in for him. In a good way.

Can we share what to pack as I have some idea but u want to be prepared. The nurse said in Sunday that initially the maternity pads don't absorb enough and to get the really thick pads. But overall we need at least 4 packs.