Closed Thread
Page 72 of 81 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love when the OBs just smile and say 'yep that's normal'! We have all been to hell and back to get and stay PG so any little twinge freaks me out!!! I know logically its just how she's laying but still!! Bubby is in a much more comfy position today but does anyone have any tricks to get them to move?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopefuljen - how exciting your bubba and then the wedding :-)

Mrsjag - how are u feeling now? Any further updates?

Abubby - I've developed pubic symphysis - it's where you get pain in the pubic bone due to loosening of the ligaments in that area. It's not that uncommon - not sure if that's where u r feeling the discomfort?!

My husband and I did a tour of the neonatal intensive care unit this week. This is where our bub will be for the first 2-3 weeks - incredibly sad seeing the tiny little newborns there. And even sadder to think ours will be there - I'm not sure how i will be able to leave it there. But we will survive I guess - and there are a lot worse than our situation.

So, can't believe that it's almost April and the first bubs will arrive soon.

Hope everyone's well :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mimi I can't seem to scroll back on my phone...so I have to ask...how come bib will be in intensive care? I'm really sorry if u have already told me but I've forgotten and get go back to re-read ur posts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi abubby. At our 12 week scan we found out baby has an exomphalos so some of its bowel / intestines are growing outside of its abdomen. When baby is born it will be taken to the NICU and will probably have surgery in the first 24 hours to correct the exomphalos. Then they suspect a 2-3 week stay in NICU. It's not too bad in the grand schemed of things but still had our fair share of worry and adjusting to this scenario.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh MiMi I'm so sorry! I hope everything goes well for u and bub! And excuse my naivevity here but will u need a C section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abubby - I know what you mean about every little twinge, I'm driving myself mad. Well I'm no help on how to turn a baby with my little one breech haha, but I did find that if the little one was in an uncomfortable position getting in the pool or bath really helped with that.

Mimi - Oh it must have been sad seeing all those babies in NICU It's going to be a tough 2-3 weeks for you both, I just hope that it is closer to 2 and that the time goes fast til you get to take him/her home. You are being so strong

Eeeee I can't wait to start seeing pics of the bubbas!

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I have no idea how this website works but wanted to say hi.... I'm due on 9/5/13 however delivery has been brought forward to no later than 25/4/13..... IVF pregnancy... no idea how to add all the icons or even what half of them mean lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kanner - welcome to the group.

Abubby - I'm REALLY struggling with the whole c-section vs vaginal delivery at the moment. The research indicates that with a minor exomphalos (which ours is, a major means some of the liver is out) then a vaginal delivery is ok. However, my obs has a slight preference for a c-section so we can book in the team to be there as will need the paediatrician and neonatologist at delivery. So, I'm really confused about what to do as I've always thought it would be better / easier to have a vaginal delivery. But also my obstetrician in general pushes for vaginal births so it makes me a bit nervous to not have a c when that is what he is recommending for us.

What mode of delivery is everyone on here having? What about u abubby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kanner!!

Mimi that's a tough decision! I guess it all depends on what's safest for u and bub! For us we were dam lucky to get one golden egg out of me so this is our only child as there are no guarantee that I would ever get another mature egg and the thought of going thru IVF is not something I am entertaining. Given that i wanna really feel labor so I am planning on having a natural vaginal birth (unless OB says C section). I'm also lucky in that my placenta has now moved far enough away from my cervix so I don't have to have a planned c section (OB said it was a possibility a month ago).

It's such a personal choice but listen to ur OB they will tell u what is safest for u both!
    Last edited by Abubby; 23-03-2013 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I spoke to my ob regarding delivery. I am in two minds with natural vs c-section. He said that a c-section is extremely safe and far less complications occur. The only concern he had is if I had another pregnancy that there maybe complications with the scar and placenta if you carry towards the front. But it is only a 1% chance.

I am leaning towards a c-section but keeping it close to my chest as a lot of people judge other people on how they deliver when it is a choice. A bit of a stigma. Only my family know.