Closed Thread
Page 5 of 81 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calli202 View Post
    Aw Clemantine I remember when I was at your stage and I recall thinking that 12 weeks was sooooo far away. Although it does drag on (cause for me I was so worried about everything that could go wrong) I now realise that when I look back on it, it wasn't such a long time. I am wishing you a speedy 7 weeks.
    I too had a few bleeds at a similar time to you now. It is so unnerving when that happens. I was down in Kingscliff (Northern NSW) for a friends wedding and I started spotting the night before the wedding. I was so upset and ended up having to leave the wedding early cause my FS told me to rest up. It turns out that over 50% of women have some sort of spotting. Hmph... wish they had told me that when I first found out I was pregnant. Would have put my mind at ease and I wouldn't have had as many sleepless nights.

The first time I began bleeding, the FS put me on Progesteron Pressaries 3 times per day (previously I had only been on them 2 times daily) and told me to ensure I lay down for at least an hour with each pressarie (I had only been lying down for 30 minutes a time). The bleeding stopped and the only other times I had bleeding was when I had to miss my lunchtime lie down time cause I had lunchtime meetings I couldn't avoid. My FS also suggested that the spotting may be cause by irritation from the progesterone which aparently is also very common. So I guess what I am trying to say is that even though it is scary, spotting is very common, and hopefully will be short lived for you. Apparently my FS suggested that the only time you need to be concerned is when you have bright red period like blood and cramping together. If you have bleeding without cramping then it may still be ok or if you have cramping without bleeding then it may still be ok. I am keeping my fingers crossed that you have no more spotting (and an uneventful pregnancy). Roll on your next scan in 2 weeks.
    Thanks for that gosh that must have been scary. I think us ivf girls are always looking for things to go wrong because unfortunately we know more about this whole process than the average person! It was only a teeny bit of spotting (gone now) and not red, was brown so i'm praying it was an irritation from the progesterone.

i hope the next 2 weeks go fast. the 12 week scan will be so exciting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF Babies Due April/May/June 2013

Hcg was 1970 (19dpo) yesterday, so doubling. And no more spotting fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pippi01 - Hello and welcome. I understand what you say about being overly cautious as I have been exactly the same. I haven't wanted to let myself get away with thinking about anything babish until I pass that 12 week mark. I have had all day MS, my boobs are very tender and my eating habits have changed dramatically. I also have next to no energy. I am also on 3 pressaries a day (which is wonderful at work) and have wondered whether the pressaries have been making the MS worse.

Clemantine - Welcome!! Congratulations to you on your BFP. And of course we don't mind if you join - we would love to share this journey with you. Wow. How amazing that you fell pregnant like you did. We will keep our fingers crossed that everything goes well over the next few weeks. What is next for you? When is your scan?

AFM - Well thankfully I have had an uneventful week as far as my pregnancy goes. It is a welcome surprise. I am just thankful every day that I get closer to the 12 week mark. Not long to go now - only another 10 days for me! I really am so excited. Hopefuly the MS will go when I get there.

P.S. Ladies, don't forget to update your details on the roll call xxx
    Thanks Calli202,

I had some brown discharge last Thursday which got me really worried but my levels have gone up to 7912. So the nurses were not worried. I can't wait to be in your position! One and a half weeks until my heartbeat scan. On Friday I slept for 12 hours and have been feeling quite tired since. Nausea comes and goes in waves. After I eat for some reason. When did your ms kick in? Also I was quite emotional yesterday and felt out of odds for the whole day. We went out for dinner last night and I wasn't myself. At the end of the night my sister in law said that I looked really pale and tired. So fingers crossed that it is a good sign! It is so easy to over analyse every sign or symptom!

I am not going to add myself to the roll call until my heartbeat scan. I don't want to jinx it. I had some baby stuff in my house and gave them to my mum before this cycle and my sister in law lent me a fertility buddah. She had it, and it worked. Her friend had it and it worked. Then I had it and it worked. I am not a superstitious but taking the baby stuff out and having the buddah seems to have done the trick so far.

Hope all is well for everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Hcg was 1970 (19dpo) yesterday, so doubling. And no more spotting fingers crossed.
    That is great news Clemantine. They are good numbers too. And even better that you have had no more spotting. I am keeping everything crossed for you

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi all!

Our 2nd IVF was a miracle round & after transferring a good looking blast at 5 days, here we are, 8 weeks pregnant with a nice blob! We are due April 22nd.

Still can't believe this is real.

Aly aka mrsjag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippi01 View Post
    Thanks Calli202,

I had some brown discharge last Thursday which got me really worried but my levels have gone up to 7912. So the nurses were not worried. I can't wait to be in your position! One and a half weeks until my heartbeat scan. On Friday I slept for 12 hours and have been feeling quite tired since. Nausea comes and goes in waves. After I eat for some reason. When did your ms kick in? Also I was quite emotional yesterday and felt out of odds for the whole day. We went out for dinner last night and I wasn't myself. At the end of the night my sister in law said that I looked really pale and tired. So fingers crossed that it is a good sign! It is so easy to over analyse every sign or symptom!

I am not going to add myself to the roll call until my heartbeat scan. I don't want to jinx it. I had some baby stuff in my house and gave them to my mum before this cycle and my sister in law lent me a fertility buddah. She had it, and it worked. Her friend had it and it worked. Then I had it and it worked. I am not a superstitious but taking the baby stuff out and having the buddah seems to have done the trick so far.

Hope all is well for everyone!
    It is always very scary when you have any type of spotting and your mind immediately thinks the worst. To be honest, I have heard that brown spotting is completely normal and not something to be worried about (although I know how difficult it is not to worry having had the same problem myself). So glad that your numbers continue to rise - that is a great sign. Not long till you get to hear that beautiful heartbeat. 12 hours is a good nights rest. I have been the same. I am mostly in bed by 8.30pm and awake at 6.30am and feel like I could sleep for another few hours. My MS started about week 5 and has continued everyday since. In saying that though, I have had my first weekend where I felt well enough to go out. It has been soooo nice to feel better and the weather was amazing for it. I am hopeful that it continues and this is the end of my MS.

AFM - I went to a maternity shop yesterday and purchased a new mini wardrobe which will hopefully get me through for the next 6 months or so. My clothes have been getting very tight and I feel so much more comfortable now. And my belly is just starting to expand which is such a nice feeling as I can finally see that it is real. Even my Mum commented today on my new belly Only another week to go till I will feel 99.9% comfortable. I am sending each and every one of you baby dust for an uneventful week

Thanks
    Reviews

Roll Call

Due in April 2013

1st - Calli202
    14th - Jetaime
    17th - Mac8
    19th - Angel382
    22nd - mrsjag
    29th -Alittleray

Due in May 2013

8th - Lee80

Due in June 2013

Our Precious Angels

Scans & Appointments

5 September - Alittleray - 6 week scan
    13 September - Mac8 First antenatal appointment
    19 Septmber - Calli202 - 12 week NT scan
    19 Septmber - Alittleray - 8 week scan
    19 September - angel382 - First anti-natal appointment
    25 Sep - mrsjag -10 week first OB visit
    8 Oct - mrsjag - 12 week NT ultrasound

To make changes, just reply with quote and make the changes and then remove the "quote" sentence at the beginning and end of the post. Please make sure you have the very last list to avoid other Mummies to be from being dropped off .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Hi all!

Our 2nd IVF was a miracle round & after transferring a good looking blast at 5 days, here we are, 8 weeks pregnant with a nice blob! We are due April 22nd.

Still can't believe this is real.

Aly aka mrsjag
    Welcome mrsjag - and a huge congratulations to you! I bet your 'blob' is starting to get bigger each time you see it. We got our BFP on our 2nd IVF cycle too. So when is your next scan? Have you already heard the heartbeat? I hear what you are saying when you say that it doesn't seem real. I have felt that way all along until the last few days. Just be good to yourself over the next while and protect your little miracle 'blob'

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Alittleray View Post
    Calli, thanks for doing the roll call. That's really nice of you. I can understand it being very scary feeling all that cramping, especially being your first pregnancy. Sounds like it's likely your uterus stretching and it's ligaments causing the pain. You'll have lots of growing pains in your belly, and joints throughout your pregnancy. If it gets intolerable or you start bleeding then definatrly call your doctor, but i the meantime, it is probably just your body making room for your growing bubba.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend
    Alittleray - How are you? How was your scan? Hope all is well xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Calli202 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (10-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome mrsjag - and a huge congratulations to you! I bet your 'blob' is starting to get bigger each time you see it. We got our BFP on our 2nd IVF cycle too. So when is your next scan? Have you already heard the heartbeat? I hear what you are saying when you say that it doesn't seem real. I have felt that way all along until the last few days. Just be good to yourself over the next while and protect your little miracle 'blob'
    Hi Calli!

We saw our blob and it's heart beating last week (at 7 weeks 1 day) and looks lovely! Won't see him again for a few more weeks - have our first OB visit scheduled for the end of the month at 10 weeks. (A fortnight to go!)

Haven't heard the heartbeat yet though.