Closed Thread
Page 44 of 81 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, on a different note, I'm not anti drugs or anti c-sections or any preconceived views about the birth, but i have been reading about hypnobirthing (and watching some clips on youtube). I'm thinking it's a tool i'd like to have in my toolbox! any thoughts or recommendations? I'm in Sydney.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all. Thanks for the kind bumpy words! Hubby was pleasantly surprised (or just pretending to be? haha) - he can't wait for baby girl to move for him. We have an OB appt tomorrrow (21+4) so hopefully all is good and boring, if you kno what I mean.

The 40+ days here in Sydney last week were killing me.

I was huge to start with, and IVF didn't help. I'm up nearly 5kg (between 10 weeks & nearly 21 weeks) and trying hard to be ok with that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put on 6 kgs in the first trimester which I know is super dodgy - but just had keep eating to keep the nausea at bay. Anyway, at 15 weeks now I'm feeling a bit better and the weight gain has certainly slowed.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due April/May/June 2013

Fea, I am doing a hypno birthing course. There is a website that has mongan method teachers listed by state and suburb. I'll see if I can find it.

As for weight gain, I've gained 8.8kg since start of cycle and am 19+2. I'm ok with that. I'll be happy to stay under the 20kg gain, espwcially over summer as the heat in melbs last week saw me gain and lose 3kg in fluid!

Hope you're all travelling well. Little movements here and there. Looking forward to feeling some definite movements.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

Fea78  (06-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wunsi, how have you found the course? Do you know any one personally who has birthed "successfully" using their technique?

Thanks
    Reviews

Have just created a ticker but not sure how to save it in a signature?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done some research and according to my BMI I can put on between 11.5 and 18 kilos. So that made me feel a little better!

I THINK I have been getting some tickling feeling, so I am assuming they are flutters?

Also I have been SUPER hungry!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Fea, I'm going to do it in January. Just talking to the teacher at the moment.

I've had 3 friends want practise it. Two had c-sections 1 because breech and the other because gest diab and high bp so didn't make it to natural labours to do it. The friend that did said she still felt pain at birth, but more just at the end stage. The lead up was good and the midwives commented on how well she coped.

Pippi, I reckon that the butterflies/flutters are not an apt description for what I'm feeling. I feel like I want to put my hand inside my tummy and scratch my uterus. Odd feeling I reckon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wunsi For This Useful Post:

Fea78  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

My due date has changed so I'm now due 26th June!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to caketin For This Useful Post:

Mantha77  (08-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fea - I'm looking at the hypnotic thing courses in Sydney too and will probably go with shebirth based in bondi. They offer yoga classes too which I'm going to start in the holidays.

Good book to read - gentle birth method by gowri motha. Good tips in there to help prepare for a natural birth if that's your preference.

I'm of the camp that I will certainly have the drugs etc if I absolutely have to but I also believe I was built for this job so want to know I have myself the best chance of trying naturally.

I haven't posted for ages - I have just wanted to get past the 12 weeks stage when we lost our last baby before getting too excited. 12 week scan yesterday showed one very strong wriggly bub so I feel like now I can connect with this all properly - in fact so excited last night I couldn't sleep!!

Hope everyone good - who else is due in June? X

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mantha77 For This Useful Post:

Fea78  (08-12-2012)