Closed Thread
Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefuljen View Post
    Just back from the OB's, there really is nothing better then hearing that little heart beat and seeing then wriggle. All was well, HR at 150, OB was amazing as always and reassured me that I'm not mad. Soooo happy 17+4 today
    Great news! We're so close together. I'm 17+2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I just had NT scan - not so great news for us. 1:4 risk for trisomy 18 - completely devastated. This is supposed to be a happy time :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi77 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I just had NT scan - not so great news for us. 1:4 risk for trisomy 18 - completely devastated. This is supposed to be a happy time :-(
    Hi love - I'm so sorry to hear the scary news. Lots of us have been there. Did they say what flagged up the high risk? Thinking of you & here if you need to talk. xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF Babies Due April/May/June 2013

Hello ladies, at what stage have you felt flutters?

Over the last couple of days I have been getting these sensations like popcorn popping or little rumbles. Are these flutters or am I going mad? I know it is not wind and it started on Monday during the staff meeting. It took me a while to realise what happened at first. Then I got a little excited! I am 15 weeks and 2 days. I get around one/two flutters a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub has an exomphalos. The report says "exomphalos containing bowel only". They also said one of my blood tests was a little bit low but not sure which? All other parts of the anatomy appeared normal. What happened with you mrsjaguar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky you Pip. No flutters for me yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub has an exomphalos. The report says "exomphalos containing bowel only". They also said one of my blood tests was a little bit low but not sure which? All other parts of the anatomy appeared normal. What happened with you mrsjaguar?
    My 12 week scan and NT looked good - all ok. I have extremely low Papp-A (<0.18 when it should be 1.0) and low hCG hormones, so they've classifed me at risk of T18/T21 or Fetal Growth Abnormalities. We opted not to do testing, so we've been praying as the weeks go on that things will turn out the way they're supposed to. We should get more information at the 19-week Morphology scan in a few weeks time.

I don't know much about exomphalos - but that is when an organ might be forming close to/on the outside of the baby's body, from google? Hoping all is well and that it might just require some medical work when bub is born. What's the plan for you guys now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's right - it's little bowel is growing outside. We are going to have a repeat scan done tomorrow at a different place that specializes in obstetric scans. Here we will have genetic counseling - I guess to better understand our options.

Mrsjaguar - were u given a statistic or just told high risk? Thanks for sharing your info with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjaguar View Post
    Lucky you Pip. No flutters for me yet.
    I could be imagining them! But I keep getting these funny feelings. You could be having them as well but not noticing it yet. I am sure it is already happening and you will feel them soon! I tried clicking on your blog but it wouldn't work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that's right - it's little bowel is growing outside. We are going to have a repeat scan done tomorrow at a different place that specializes in obstetric scans. Here we will have genetic counseling - I guess to better understand our options.

Mrsjaguar - were u given a statistic or just told high risk? Thanks for sharing your info with me.
    I hope you get more answers soon. Because we only went off bloods & nuchal (no CVS or Amnio) our approx is still 1:100 - but as our OB said, they're just guides. You can just as easily be the 1 in 100, or the 3 out of 4. I'm trying not to worry. The next scan should tell us if baby & her organs are doing ok from a medical perspective, but we won't know if she's got Downs or Tri until birth.