+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would boycott the wedding..even if i was the groom.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to suemp For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    LOL she's talking about her neighbour, not her own kid, so hardly her 'situation' I don't think she needs a support group.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub
    It doesn't matter who she is talking about, the point is its wrong

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    LOL I like your comment suemp. Fearless Leader I"m glad you find the fact that someone refuses to have some poor boy at their wedding simply because they have a mental disability funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And Im sorry there is a big difference between a no kids wedding, and dis allowing a disabled adult to a wedding. I have 2 kids. One is a handful as he is autistic (and other co morbid dxs) and I have a n.t child. If someone dared invite my nt child to an event but told me my asd child was not invited as he MIGHT do x,y or z I'd be livid. Hopefully something you will never have to encounter F.L

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wherewerewe91 View Post
    I think that's terrible!!!!! I recently attended a wedding where one of the 2 bridesmaids was the bride's 25 year old sister who has down syndrome (also has limited speech, can throw an excellent tantrum and gets tired and frustrated very easily) and it was absolutely beautiful!!! The sister did a perfect job of being bridesmaid and had the time of her life, and I'm sure her parents were very proud of the fact their daughter included both of her sisters in her wedding party and didn't exclude one sister, simply because she has a disability and 'looks different'.

Family is family (except when they abusive, drunks or just plain crackpots as a few others have mentioned that were excluded from family outings) and having a disability is absolutely no reason to exclude them.

when i got married i had my little sister as a bridesmaid she has downs as well and is capable of a tanty but she was amazing!

It seems like the bride doesn't no very much about him and has just jumped to the whole he WILL do this and ruin my day.. personally if it was my son i would say to her that maybe she should come and see him and get to know him a bit more before jumping to such a very nasty decisions. And as for the husband to be.. if he was part of my family i would have hoped he would have stood up to her and her family a bit more.

I really think she needs to grow up and relise that YES he does have a disability but he is a man first. he just happens to have a disability as we..

I personally would never!!!! talk to her after that.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sandy_1902 For This Useful Post:

wherewerewe91  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

This made me cry, how awful, disrespectful and just plain nasty. I'm sorry but if I was in this situation I'd be very very angry and probably have nothing else to do with those family members. It goes to show what sort of character they have and I wouldn't want to have anything to do with people like that. So very upsetting

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda01 For This Useful Post:

wherewerewe91  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

How selfish and nasty of the bridezilla. Really, that is one of the most disgraceful horror bride stories I've ever heard.

I would be telling the bride to jam her invite where the sun doesn't shine and wishing her exactly what she deserves on her special day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakois For This Useful Post:

Witwicky  (19-08-2012)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

Quote Originally Posted by Renesme View Post
    LOL I like your comment suemp. Fearless Leader I"m glad you find the fact that someone refuses to have some poor boy at their wedding simply because they have a mental disability funny.
    Wow, where did I say the OP's story was funny? I find it repulsive as anyone else here, but i think you are a hypocrite if you find this situation abhorrent, but one child being excluded everyone can understand.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I agree with Fearless, I don't really see much difference between this case and refusing to have kids at the wedding. One is discrimination against a disability bc the bride (I'm suspecting) is worried about outbursts or noise from him. The other is ageism, bc the bride is worried about outbursts and noise.

To me the excuses why they aren't the same are just semantics imo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Wow, where did I say the OP's story was funny? I find it repulsive as anyone else here, but i think you are a hypocrite if you find this situation abhorrent, but one child being excluded everyone can understand.

If it were ONE child I'd have a problem.. if it were just no children than fair enough. I personally wouldn't attend if a Wedding said no children anyway.