+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

I think it's absolutely discriminatory. They are inviting other children and not him, with the reason being that he has a disability. Will they continue to exclude him as he becomes an adult!? Just because he is child does not make it ok.

I get it, it's your special day, you want it to be perfect ... But to the extent of excluding a family member who may make involuntary noises? Disguisting. My husband and I both have family members with disabilities (one with an intellectual disability who will often say tactless, inappropriate things), and I would never imagine not inviting her to something for fear of her saying inappropriate things or "ruining" the day. How awful for the parents to experience this from their own family.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Justwant2beamummy For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsugardumplin' View Post
    I think it is highly discriminatory
    This young man is a family member, and his attendance obviously has special significance to the groom.
    I think the bride is being a self absorbed and selfish princess!
    This!! I feel very offended for this family and the groom.

I have a cousin who has an intellectual disability with a range of comorbidities but I would never exclude him from any family gathering. I think it would just be disgusting to do so. If I was the groom I would think twice about the sort of person I was about to marry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yuck that's horrible. If that was my son, I wouldn't be going to wedding, period. Sadly it's really case in point to my theory that women are getting more and more silly and demanding when it comes to their weddings.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (19-08-2012),shelle65  (19-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is abosolutely disgusting. He is a fully grown adult and he has every right to go to the wedding just like all the other cousins etc.

I wouldn't go to the wedding but i wouldn't just send the rsvp with not attending i would make sure i wrote a nice letter explaining how upset you are that they didn't want your son going to the wedding i would write it nicely but make sure the emphasise the fact that they are excluding him based on his disability and nothing else. i reckon that would make the bride think twice but regardless of if she changed her mind i still wouldn't go to the wedding for anything

Thanks
    Reviews

The church service is actually a public service. I know If you chose to get married in the Catholic tradition ANYONE from the congregation can attend. If you want a PRIVATE service... Go get married somewhere else. I don't know about other Churches...

I don't know how this works with other churches... But if the son regularly attends mass at the church they're getting at, then he can at least attend the service.

As for blatant discrimination... My uncle is an alcoholic and quite frankly has always been an ******* to me. I chose not to invite him to my wedding, but i did invite his children (my cousins) and his ex-wife. Caused a lot of strain to my mother but i would not be budged. Best thing I did. Turns out my brother also didn't invite him to his wedding. jeez... I wonder why...

My husband also has a cousin who's had a brain injury. My extended family were very wary of him but he's great with kids and actually took a stack of photos for us. He was important to my hubby that he was there at our wedding, so he was!

Marriage is all about compromise... I feel this bride is a little too spoilt. Unless the cousin has done something highly inappropriate like slapping her butt or become physically violent to her then I can't understand why he's not invited either.

I don't feel it's fair in this case that this cousin doesn't get an invite... I feel he should go to the church anyway for the ceremony. But that's my humble opinion!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    That bride better invest in some knee pads. Im guessing she's going to be spending alot of time on her knees after making her soon-to-be-husband purposely exclude someone he cares about.

OR

The husband better invest in a walking stick because he obviously has a weakening back bone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Bubmum  (19-08-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    That bride better invest in some knee pads. Im guessing she's going to be spending alot of time on her knees after making her soon-to-be-husband purposely exclude someone he cares about.

OR

The husband better invest in a walking stick because he obviously has a weakening back bone.
    Naturally I don't know them but I would put money on it being the latter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    [QUOTE=Justwant2beamummy;6776716]I think it's absolutely discriminatory. They are inviting other children and not him, with the reason being that he has a disability. Will they continue to exclude him as he becomes an adult!? Just because he is child does not make it ok.

He is an adult, he's 22. That's what makes it even worse. Discusting. As a PP has said excluding ALL children is acceptable, but excluding one person due to a disability is shocking.
    Last edited by Lil M; 19-08-2012 at 14:13. Reason: Auto correct

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Spinoff from 'no kids at weddings'

How absolutely disgusting! I am so angry for your neighbour!
    What a spoilt, stuck up cow the bride is!
    I actually feel sick about this...i understand that you want your wedding day to be perfect but for goodness sake! He is a part of the family and the groom wanted him there!
    I personally wouldn't attend and i would be letting the bride know why. How rude!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    What annoys me about this is the bride gave the parents no warning, no options, she didn't come over and say hey, I'm concerned he will do xyz how can we all work together to minimize any the situation. I'm sure after 22 years his parents have found ways to influence a situation for the best.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HowCrazyCool For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (20-08-2012),sweetsugardumplin'  (19-08-2012),~BEXTER~  (19-08-2012)