+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which Public hospital - Bentley, Joondalup, Swan District or King Edward?

Hi everyone,
    I'm due on the 5th Dec and still have decided which hospital to have our first.
    I live in regional WA so haven't been able to have the tours at each hospital.
    What are everyone's thoughts on Bentley, Joondalup, Swan District or King Edward Public hospitals? You're feedback will certainly influence where I go.
    Thanks
    Leila

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which Public hospital - Bentley, Joondalup, Swan District or King Edward?

Hi there! I'm in the same boat. My doc has said he'd recommend KEMH. But I'm gonna subscribe to get some real feedback as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know too much about each of the hospitals, I have heard that KEMH is good and also that Joondalup is good. I'm booked into Joondalup. These hospitals are both baby friendly (http://www.babyfriendly.org.au/about-bfhi/)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marga For This Useful Post:

Leila87  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I can only comment on my experience. I went to KEMH - and was totally happy - great midwives (some lovey dovey, some strict) but i found them all knowledgable and helpful in their own way. Rooms - not fancy but have everything you need, food - also not fancy but adequate and the hospital is minutes from cafe strip in Subi so you can always send someone out for a good food run :-).

Good luck with everything :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Leila87  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone so far for your comments

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had my last two at Joondalup and will again with this one. I find them great, only downfall is the food, but you will probably find that anywhere you go!

You will hear good or bad stories wherever you go, so you just need to decide what works for you.

I suggest booking soon tho, a friend has been waiting to get into KEMP and is due in Jan and hasn't even had her first appt there yet (she is 19wks)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cookie087 For This Useful Post:

Leila87  (19-08-2012)