+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: :( stressing over tt

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I think it will take longer than 2 days and he's done one wee on the potty, pretty good IMO.
    I have been putting him on the toilet for about a year now.. Hes only really gone 5 times over this period. And thats when he sits there for a veryy long time.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank u all for your replies.. I understand it takes more than 2 days to tt.. I just felt I kept him on the potty for hours and I dont think it should be like that.. Its not fair on him. Its more the social side of things thats are getting me down.. When ppl realize hes in nappies they like to tell me how their child was tt trained by 2. Or they look at me puzzled and say"err hes still in nappies."

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in daycare and have done for 21 years. In my experience boys arent ready to train until they are at least 3 and then it is lots of perseverance, patience and encouragement. If he wets his pants dont make a big deal of it, but when he sits on the toilet make a huge deal. Rewards do wonders too, wether it be a sticker chart or a play at the park etc
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    at work we sit the kids on the toilet every 30 mins when they are beginning for about 3 minutes. If we know they have had a lot to drink we might put them back on in 10. I wouldnt put him on for any longer than that. Have you tried the toilet instead of the potty? The potty might just be a seat for him, whereas the toilet has water and a flusher.
    We had one little boy whose mum put a ping pong ball in the toilet and when she did a wee she showed him the wee went away when you pushed the button and the ball moved around. He was so excited to do a wee on that ball and flush the button. Lots of quirky things help sometimes lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hansmum For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (19-08-2012)

LifeInShadesOfGrey is offline Just a little bit silly :)
    Winner 2012 - Best Username
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Maybe try underpants only a few hours a day. And gradually increase that time until he is in underpants only and no more accidents

Thanks
    Reviews

I think ill try the toilet and only for a short period.. Hes starting to dislike the potty.. When he starts doing a wee in that 3minutes ill get the undies on him! Thanks to everyone who replied!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why is he on the potty for 10 minutes??

I'm not sure he's quite "ready", but I would definately be encouraging him and telling him it's time for undies now, no more nappies. I'd assume he's maybe more stubborn, or maybe just doesn't know HOW or WHY he needs to use the potty for wees.

I wouldn't have him sit that long on the potty though. I tried that with DS when he was watching tv, I'd sit him on the potty - but he was so distracted, even when he accidentally did a wee, he'd have no idea, it's just like weeing in a nappy when he's not "trying" to.. kwim? Then when he jumped up, it was like his bladder just turned on, and he'd wee within seconds. So no more extended potty time - there's no point keeping them there if nothing's happening, imo.

I just went fulltime in undies - we had about 5 days of accidents, continuously. I watched him like a hawk, looking for signs. I pumped him full of liquids - milkshake, water, milk, etc - and sat him on the potty every 20 mins or so. I also told him to watch his doodle and that seemed to help him start to wee. He's been in undies for 4 weeks now, and he turned 2 last week.