+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default :( stressing over tt

I know I have posted about this before but I wanted to get your thoughts..
    Ds has just turned three.. The day after his bd I got him to throw out his nappies and got him jocks and he was really keen. Its day 2 and he has done one wee on the potty.. All the rest in his pants I feel like he has spent the last 2 days on the potty continusly. He will sit on it fpr 10mins get up and then wee his pants 20seconds later. Is he just not ready?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nope not ready imo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

No I don't think he is ready.
    I let DD1 make the decision to TT, so she told me when she was ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Not ready at all. Give him time. You will know when he's ready. If you try to force him it will end badly for both of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I feel your frustration, DD1 did not TT until 3 and i had moments where i thought it would never happen. All my attempts to train her failed so i just decided to keep offering her the choice to use a potty and then one day she said 'yes' and the rest is history - from then on she just happily stopped using nappies. I believe she wasn't ready until later and trying to force it didn't help at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah not ready. I didnt TT DS2 until he was 3.5yo and that was because he was going to kinder next year. He just simply was not ready before that. Of course I would try but it always failed.

Even when I started TTing him at 3.5yo ity was hard work probably for about 2 weeks and many many many many accidents. The thing for DS2 was that he is easily distracted and simply forgets that he has to do something. So for TT it was a constant reminder, particularly when I knew he was focussed on something else.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: :( stressing over tt

I don't think he's ready. Dd wasn't toilet trained until 3 and a half. She stopped having accidents within days. I didn't think it was ever going to happen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take a step backwards...he'll let you know when he is ready. My dd was super hard to TT and I had spent years training other people's kids. She just had no interest, and we had lots and lots of tears (from me, haha). I was reflecting on a year ago..she had her ballet concert last night, and this time last year, I was worried she would see onstage or something. But this year, not a worry in the world. We still have to tackle night time, but we'll get there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

I think it will take longer than 2 days and he's done one wee on the potty, pretty good IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMO children are ready for TT from 18 months, it generally just takes perseverance and commitment. Children need time to adjust to the sensation, especially when they've been weeing in a nappy for three years. It takes a solid week to make some ground but a wee in the toilet is awesome - he'll get there!