+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by MrsOhara View Post
    I know people have said ID twins are not hereditary and that the male has no bearing but definitely not in my case.
    Every generation on my ex's side (the male side) has a set of twins and only one of them has been a fraternal set. Ex's sister also actually had twins as well that are also monochorionic diamniotic.
    Identical twins happen when an egg splits, nothing to do with the male, just a coincidence. Monochorionic/diamniotic twins are identical twins that share a placenta, but have different amniotic sacs.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    Ok now I'm worried! Haha
    Thanks Rainbow. Hurry up and join me in pregnancy thread! I think its your month

I too had bfp at 7 dpo ! Really dark, getting darker and very bloated. Not even due for af still! Hcg level puts me at 4 weeks. Dr said its strange, hcg levels don't match up with dates. Another hcg test tomorrow so will see how high it is at 10dpo. Mil told me my DP grandparents are twins. He didn't even know. It hasnt come out in last 2 generations so everyone thinks I'm the one. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. My poor lg would go from being only child at home to one of three!
    Are you IVF or natural?

If natural you can get them to check your progesterone level as this can tell you how many placentas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to catemer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by hopingtosoonbeamummy View Post
    Hi mumofprincess, I also have to wait another two weeks until my scan (and one day, not that I'm counting or anything!) and my GP has also discussed the possibility of me carrying twins as she was really surprised by my levels

I got my BFP at 8dpo and by the time my period was due the line was darker than the control line. At 10dpo my HCG was 26 and two days later at 12dpo it was 126, so a nearly 5 fold increase in two days, when most people have a double in 2 days.

I know HGC is not conclusive evidence of twins but I'm also sicker earlier than my last pregnancies and just feel different.

I'm the same as you, I'll be thrilled with one healthy baby but two would be amazing .
    Oh wow. We are so similar. I got my bfp at 7 dpo, hcg at 8 dpo was 49 and 3 days later at 11dpo its 334. I'm still not due for AF til Thursday!
    I'll get a scan in 3 weeks I've decided. Want to make sure I see a heart beat .
    Good luck !

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by catemer View Post
    Are you IVF or natural?

If natural you can get them to check your progesterone level as this can tell you how many placentas.
    I'm natural

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    Identical twins happen when an egg splits, nothing to do with the male, just a coincidence. Monochorionic/diamniotic twins are identical twins that share a placenta, but have different amniotic sacs.
    I know this as I have mono/di twins...
    I don't think it is hereditary but in my ex's family it's definitely a pattern.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    Oh wow. We are so similar. I got my bfp at 7 dpo, hcg at 8 dpo was 49 and 3 days later at 11dpo its 334. I'm still not due for AF til Thursday!
    I'll get a scan in 3 weeks I've decided. Want to make sure I see a heart beat .
    Good luck !
    I was thinking the same thing, we're in such a similar situation!!

I've got my fingers crossed for you

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hopingtosoonbeamummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out I had twins around 7 weeks. Shock of a life time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hopingtosoonbeamummy View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, we're in such a similar situation!!

I've got my fingers crossed for you
    I've got mine crossed for you too. Imagine if we both have twins !

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ElastiGirl View Post
    I found out I had twins around 7 weeks. Shock of a life time.
    How many weeks are you now?
    Any symptoms before you found out ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was back in 2008.

The symptoms were terrible. I was in QLD at the time for a holiday. For 2 weeks I couldn't stop stuffing my face. I didn't understand what the hell was going on, I was so bloated and just so ravenous. I ate around the clock. I even stuffed packets of potato chips in my pillow case. It was madness, I thought it was just really bad pms (which I have never gotten in my life) and the whole time was thinking "any day now I'll get my period..."
    Last edited by ThreePeasPlease; 20-08-2012 at 21:50.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThreePeasPlease For This Useful Post: