+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I found out at a scan when I was 10 weeks I think. I'd had bleeding, which I didn't have in any of my other pregnancies so was freaking out thinking I was losing my baby. I had also been tired but no sickness so was convinced I was miscarrying. The lady doing the scan initially thought there were three- thank goodness she was wrong!

My maternal Aunty has fraternal twins so I'm guessing women in my family must drop a couple of eggs. My husband's brothers are identical twins, and one of them has identical twins, but this apparently has no bearing. Our twins are fraternal.

I was really worried and upset when I found out, but it's been really good so far and I can't imagine not having them both now! (they are two weeks old!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Twins...

Do you have any other children Annabella? I have a lg 5yrs old. The thought of twins scares me but my DP is excited ! Can tell which parent gets to leave crying babies and go to work hey! Haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found out I was carrying twins at my first Dr appt after my Dr done a scan (10 weeks). I was on Clomid so we knew there was a high chance of having multiples however was still a surprise because I'd had bleeding at 8 weeks and had to go to the hospital and they done a scan and only found one hehehe

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Naomee262 For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    Do you have any other children Annabella? I have a lg 5yrs old. The thought of twins scares me but my DP is excited ! Can tell which parent gets to leave crying babies and go to work hey! Haha
    Yes we already had 2 daughters and a son. I cried for a few days when we first found out, i had it all planned out- i had my 2 girls close together and wanted 2 boys close together, I'm at uni and at first thought i'd never finish, wanted a natural birth and knew twins are high risk, also I knew twins have more 'issues' generally which worried me. And I just had no idea how I would cope, we don't have much family nearby etc. But I had a great birth, both twins very healthy and any imagine not having both now, I'm in that newborn baby bliss stage at the moment!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thank you. If I end up being preg with twins you give me hope x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mumofprincess For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    When my MIL was pregnant with her twins, she felt two very distinct 'lumps' (not really sure how to describe it) in her lower abdomen at about 9-10 weeks, but was still shocked to see the twins at her 12 week scan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    i got a BFP at 10 dpo and had lots of cramping and some brown spotting for a number of days so went for an early ultrasound at 6 wks 3 days - i was half expecting to not see a baby there so when they told us there were 2 heartbeats and 2 sacs i burst into tears! i was very very shocked and it took quite some time to get my head around it.
    im currently 22 wks with identical twin boys! it was one egg that split after conception.in my case there was no twins on either side and my hcg was at a normal level at 5 wks when i had the pregnancy confirmed
    good luck at your ultrasound in a couple of weeks! can you get it any earlier?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I can get it earlier but they wanted to wait a couple of weeks cause I'm not due for AF til Thursday and my hcg levels apparently don't add up for any date. High for how many dpo I am low for if I got preg last month (which I know I didn't).
    My body is never straight forward. I am very bloated, very exhausted and have very sore boobs and m/s is kicking in. It's crazy. Another hcg today. I have decided that if it is twins I will be happy and not cry for 8 months cause all I want is a sticky baby so 2 would be awesome.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mumofprincess, I also have to wait another two weeks until my scan (and one day, not that I'm counting or anything!) and my GP has also discussed the possibility of me carrying twins as she was really surprised by my levels

I got my BFP at 8dpo and by the time my period was due the line was darker than the control line. At 10dpo my HCG was 26 and two days later at 12dpo it was 126, so a nearly 5 fold increase in two days, when most people have a double in 2 days.

I know HGC is not conclusive evidence of twins but I'm also sicker earlier than my last pregnancies and just feel different.

I'm the same as you, I'll be thrilled with one healthy baby but two would be amazing .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hopingtosoonbeamummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

I know people have said ID twins are not hereditary and that the male has no bearing but definitely not in my case.
    Every generation on my ex's side (the male side) has a set of twins and only one of them has been a fraternal set. Ex's sister also actually had twins as well that are also monochorionic diamniotic.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post: