+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Twins...

Ok now I'm worried! Haha
    Thanks Rainbow. Hurry up and join me in pregnancy thread! I think its your month

I too had bfp at 7 dpo ! Really dark, getting darker and very bloated. Not even due for af still! Hcg level puts me at 4 weeks. Dr said its strange, hcg levels don't match up with dates. Another hcg test tomorrow so will see how high it is at 10dpo. Mil told me my DP grandparents are twins. He didn't even know. It hasnt come out in last 2 generations so everyone thinks I'm the one. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. My poor lg would go from being only child at home to one of three!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Twins on your DP's side will have no bearing on you having twins but that aside it does sound like you could very well be pregnant with twins - it can happen to anyone.
    Good luck.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

beebs  (19-08-2012),blissfulfairy  (19-08-2012),headoverfeet  (19-08-2012),mumofprincess  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

I found out at dating scan a few weeks ago that im having twins. My great grandmother on my fathers side had a couple of sets of twins it seemed to skip a generation and come to me lol! Was a huge shock as we just got used to the idea of having 4 children then we were told nope you actually have number 4 and 5 in there!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abby cadabby For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    Haha. Are there twins in either families?
    Identical twins have nothing to do with family history.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (19-08-2012),River Song  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

Didn't have the faintest idea! I was actually glad for the few times I felt sick because I felt so normal compared to bring pregnant with DS. At 11 weeks, I noticed my jeans were getting tighter but passed it off to bloating.

I got home from the scan & ended up doing an online quiz about the chance I was having multiples- it said there was a 15% chance! Lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was hospitalised a few days after my egg collection due to hyperstim and was fine after a week then back for 4 weeks. We found out I was pregnant and my Fs brought me in for an early scan at 5 weeks as he suspected multiples due to how sick I was and I wasn't recovering.

There was 4 sacs and 4 heartbeats a week later. I had NO idea I was pregnant then no inking it was multiples.

My hcg was the bottom end of normal and doubling at the slowest rate, my hpt's were no stronger than my daughter so it was a huge surprise

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs P For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumofprincess View Post
    Ok now I'm worried! Haha
    Thanks Rainbow. Hurry up and join me in pregnancy thread! I think its your month

I too had bfp at 7 dpo ! Really dark, getting darker and very bloated. Not even due for af still! Hcg level puts me at 4 weeks. Dr said its strange, hcg levels don't match up with dates. Another hcg test tomorrow so will see how high it is at 10dpo. Mil told me my DP grandparents are twins. He didn't even know. It hasnt come out in last 2 generations so everyone thinks I'm the one. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. My poor lg would go from being only child at home to one of three!

Hereditary twins - The mother needs to drop two eggs so the male having twins has no impact on you having twins

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs P For This Useful Post:

mumofprincess  (19-08-2012),River Song  (19-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh wow I didn't know that about 2 eggs and twins. Well I have a scan in 2 weeks so will see then. Not sure how I'd go having 2 babies but I guess you figure it out! Will keep you updated.

Thanks
    Reviews

I had no idea i was carrying twins until the first scan at 10+5 weeks after i was hospitalised with hyperemesis. Never been so sick in my life! This is my first pregnancy so i had nothing to compare it to, so thought it was normal lol! Now I've gotten over the shock of having twins Im so excited and can't wait to meet them.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

16. The Following User Says Thank You to breez For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by breez View Post
    I had no idea i was carrying twins until the first scan at 10+5 weeks after i was hospitalised with hyperemesis. Never been so sick in my life! This is my first pregnancy so i had nothing to compare it to, so thought it was normal lol! Now I've gotten over the shock of having twins Im so excited and can't wait to meet them.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub
    Your last sentence had me laughing

The prospect of twins freaked me out then when I found out I had quads which are twins now, twins seem so normal!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs P For This Useful Post: