+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Twins...

Quote Originally Posted by jane34 View Post
    I found out I was having twins at 6weeks. I was very sick with m.s right through my pregnancy, I had a feeling there was more than 1 in there but still cried in shock when if was confirmed. Haha. My fraternal twin girls are now 9, pregnant now with just 1. Good luck! xx
    jane, what's it like having frat twins? Are they more like siblings rather than identical twins? Do you try to separate them eg school so they can find their own friends/identity? I'm due to have frat twins (not sure of gender) in March. Have no idea what to expect and they will be our first. Will have plenty help from DH, mum and MIL.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

In kindy we had them in the same class, they haven't been in the same class from year 1 onwards. One is blonde with blue eyes the other is brunette with green eyes & they are also different heights so people usually assume there's a year age gap between them. they're very much like sisters - have Their own style, own friends, different likes etc. Congrats on your twins! It's an amazing journey! If u need any tips/advice/just need to vent feel free to message me xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

Thanks Jane great to know. Love that your girls look so different that's very cute, and that they have been in different classes early. We are still a few weeks away to find out the sex but dh asks every time we have a scan. Will let you know if we have any questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have frat twins, it isn't the same as IDs in the bond I don't think - but, they are the same age and have known each other their whole lives so I think that does make a difference, they go off together and do little secret things all the time, you know? Also - they used to not be able to sleep unless they were together as well, they get used to being squashed up in your tummy I think. Mine don't look anything alike.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Twins...

Thanks Beebs. Do you have two girls as well?

I'd like to separate them just a little so they can grow independently and not always needing each other but know there will be a special bond between them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, We found out Friday we are pregnant with twins! The shock!! Would be great to have other girls to chat with. I'm due may 2013. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine are boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael3 View Post
    Thanks Beebs. Do you have two girls as well?

I'd like to separate them just a little so they can grow independently and not always needing each other but know there will be a special bond between them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I have fraternal twin girls. They will be 9yrs in November. I have one blonde and one brunette too only mine both have brown eyes. My blonde one looks at least a year older or even 2 years older. (Acts like she is even older though at times) They have very different personalities and always have right from the start.

They have always had a close bond though. When they were little we were concerned about DD3's speech and she didn't talk much. Instead DD2 would talk for her. They would be sitting there playing and not really talking to each other and then DD2 would say mummy, DD3 is thirsty.

DD3 has always been like a little mummy to her twin sister. DD3 has always looked after DD2 and even when they were about 18mths DD3 would be DD2's mummy and push her around in her toy stroller playing.

When it came time for school the funny thing was it seemed to be DD3 that seemed to need and rely on DD2 and not the other way around. Plus DD2 was already reading and seemed quite smart (not gifted, just pretty smart) so we were concerned about school. We put them in seperate classes in Kindergarten and Year 1 mainly because we were worried about DD3's self confidence.

They were in the same class last year and again this year though. They have different friends but do play together sometimes too. They have different interests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jessesgirl View Post
    Hi girls, We found out Friday we are pregnant with twins! The shock!! Would be great to have other girls to chat with. I'm due may 2013. X
    Congrats jessesgirl! Pm me if you want, I'm also pregnant with twins, due 23rd dec and can put you in touch with a Facebook group of mums expecting twins

10. The Following User Says Thank You to boys boys boys For This Useful Post:

jessesgirl  (29-10-2012)

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Been looking through this thread with interest...

I am 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child (5th pregnancy though) but look and feel much further along. I got a at 4weeks which is the earliest I have ever had a positive result and it was extremely dark. I had blood tests done at 6weeks spot on and HCG levels were 125951 (the "normal" range on the results for 6-7 weeks is 2500 - 80000, so this seems really high!)
    But, I had a scan done at 5w3d and saw one sac, one heartbeat etc.

I guess my question is - for those with twins, did anyone have an early scan and see only 1 bub to then go on and find out you were having twins?
    I think I'd have a little heart failure if this happened, but I have just had it in the back of my mind since I did the HPT. Either that or I am thinking I could be further along, but then the scan would have showed that?!

Anyway, sorry for hijacking the thread, but it seemed like the right place!