+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Does your 2yo use a pram?

16 month old ds already likes to walk and will walk quite long distances. We only have 1 car with DH takes to work so we walk everywhere.

He will be just 2 when our next babe comes along. I still have HEAPS of time to think about it but have been wondering if I'll need a double pram. I can get a buggy board for our pram (BJ City Elite) but I also plan to wear newbie.

So, how much much does your 2yo walk vs. use the pram?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Does your 2yo use a pram?

The only time DS uses the pusher is when DP takes him to child care because it's a bit faster than letting him walk. We never use it otherwise and I would gladly get rid of it. I'd probably get a pram big enough for the 2yo to sit in and always take some sort of baby carrier so if the 2yo got really tired you could carry the baby and pop the 2y.o in the pram.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My 2 yr olds never liked to walk, but I used a carrier and single pram until DS2 got too heavy (around 14 months) then I bought a double pram as DS1 (28 months) still wanted to walk at that time and did for another 1.5 years, in fact he still likes to sit in the pram at the shops @ nearly 5!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd uses hers quite a bit...she still likes to walk heaps but still likes to sit down (and it's quicker that way sometimes!)

Dd will be 2.5 when #2 arrives, personally I'm still getting a pram for her to sit in as well. She often likes to sleep when we are out so I know I will need it. I'm getting one that I can easily turn to one seat though if we are having a quick outing .

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ild get a double pram and a carrier if it was me, my 2yr old loves to walk to but sometimes surprises me and wants to be carried after a while which is just annoying when walking to the shops (half hr away) often she will walk by her self but sometimes just gets tired. i have a double pram which my ds and dd use sometimes and ill prob get a new baby carrier as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes. Not a lot now but we still need it, mainly to carry stuff in! It's handy on the train and if we go out for the day. He often had day sleeps in it too instead of In his bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yep. DD is 26mths and we use a pram for:

Shopping (if I'm spending hours at a mall then she'd get tired walking, plus it would be hard with her/ bags, etc.)

Holidays (we're usually out all day when on holiday, so she naps in it as well as stays safe in countries with heaps of people / traffic, etc.)

Walks (if I'm going walking with friends who also have toddlers then we tend to put them all in prams so that we can walk at a fast pace)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Dd stopped going in her pram just before she turned 2. It made life very difficult because she was/is a runner. She would arch her back and scream if we attempted to put her in. I was pregnant with ds2 at the time which made it so hard.
    20 month old ds2 only goes in his when we're walking somewhere. We use a trolley for him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by spideysmummy View Post
    16 month old ds already likes to walk and will walk quite long distances. We only have 1 car with DH takes to work so we walk everywhere.

He will be just 2 when our next babe comes along. I still have HEAPS of time to think about it but have been wondering if I'll need a double pram. I can get a buggy board for our pram (BJ City Elite) but I also plan to wear newbie.

So, how much much does your 2yo walk vs. use the pram?
    I got a Phil n teds with second seat for DS (will be 21 months when new bub arrives) and new bub but find I am still using it for dd2 who is almost 4 and DS.

You might find that even though your DS likes to walk it may be easier for you to be able to have him in the pram when you have the two to worry about at the shops or while walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DS also loves walking but he will bolt if I let him go so we use the stroller. Even if we are in a store (eg yesterday at fantastic furniture) I let him walk around and he runs away. I even did the "ok see ya" and he waved at me and walked the other way :P probably too young for that concept.

P.s - congratulations??? I am going to text you now!!