+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you influence you partner's wardrobe or dress sense?!

Yes. When I first met him I really wanted to buy him clothes but he wouldn't have a bar of it. Now we buy his clothes together, usually when they are on sale as he doesn't like to spend a lot of money on them. If I want to get him something expensive, I buy them for birthday or Xmas and then he doesn't know how much they cost he he.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

My husband is very conscious of his appearance. He is more into clothes than me, so no, I don't. I actually find it very difficult to buy clothes for him as he's fussy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not his sense of style as much, but I do influence him to be his own person with how he wears his clothes and what brands etc. DF is a skater/surfy kinda guy and this is reflected in the brands and types of clothes he wears. I really only help out when we're buying more formal wear than everyday wear.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I guess I do, I buy the majority of DHs clothing, with him there some of the time. I buy what I think will look good on him, but nothing that I dont think he'd wear.

Hes pretty easy to buy for though, and has good dress sense himself so I didnt 'change' anything... xpt maybe that pair of stupid baggy jeans that went 'missing' not long after we met!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I guess I do. Everytime we go shopping he just kinds of shrugs and says "you choose, you're the one who has to look at me" haha. I tend to buy most of his stuff online now, it's easier!

The only thing I make sure I have a definite say in is his shoes. He dreses well on his own, but he gets stumped when it comes to which shoes look good with what outfit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    My Dad changes with each gf. He turns into a man version of them I think... he got really fat and into cooking and fashion when he was with a woman who was a fantastic cook, was really into cooking, and who dressed well and dressed her kids well too. He would wear Jag and all sorts of brands he'd had never paid for before her.

He's been with a Filipino woman too and he'd start to speak with an accent. He sounded like an idiot tbh... but he totally engulfed himself in the Filipino community in his little area... all his friends were instantly Filipino, he mostly spoke about Filipino foods and cultural habits... he totally turned into an honourary Filipino man. lol.

In MY relationship though, that doesn't really happen. DP wears black, white, grey and navy. That's really about it for colours for him. He won't wear colour, though I am certain he'd look amazing in light blues, he won't even branch out that far. I've been trying for 4 years, but it's just not going to happen. lol.

I change my fashion all the time, and it really has nothing to do with what he likes either. I don't really care what kind of look he likes on girls... I do what I want to do. I love the rockabilly dresses, but cut my hair short and now feel I can't pull them off properly with this hairstyle... so am wearing bits and pieces of various styles. He didn't like rockabilly, and he doesn't like my hair being red now either. lol. It just doesn't bother me - I please myself, not him, and I assume that's how he feels about my opinions on men's fashion too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope but the guy at my husbands work wears what his GF tells him too, keeps cleanly shaved as he is told too and has his hair long enough to gel into the style she expects him to wear if he does not she refuses to be seen with him and he plans on marrying her and moving in with her soon.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope.

He has brilliant and very mature dress sense, from his Transformers tshirts to his Snorlax print socks, and especially his Spiderman tie.

Uh..actually..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I influence in the sense I generally buy things for him - but I buy things I know he will like.

Occasionally I challenge him with things but more often than not he embraces them.

He totally rocks a cardi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't say I influence him but along the way I may have helped him decide what clothes are going to NOT help him get lucky? Lol. And after a while if I'm doing the washing and find a shirt that needs to leave the cycle I will throw it out. Lately he's growing up and maturing and picking more 'manly' shirts rather than things a younger guy would wear. If we are out and he's been made to go clothes shopping I will give him my opinion but I'd never stop him from wearing anything except things on the HELL NO list, which include tank tops, stubbies and things that make him look like he's the lumber jack from the Simpsons that Marge falls in love with and really he's just a paper towel logo.