+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Do you influence your partner's wardrobe or dress sense?!

I realise this may seem like an odd question! My partner's dad has just remarried and we have just spent today with him and his new wife. We noticed his dress sense has changed and we had a giggle over how the women in his life seem to influence what he wears.it could be a generational thing as my mum buys most of my dad's clothes. I can honestly say I have only purchased one tshirt for my partner and do not ever really think about buying him clothes. I would like to buy him shoes, he wears crocs sometimes! Apart from that he wears very decent clothing and footwear!Do you either buy clothes for your partner or influence what they wear???!!!!
    Last edited by acerbaby; 19-08-2012 at 00:13.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do you influence you partner's wardrobe or dress sense?!

I'd buy most of exs clothes, but in the style he usually wears (ie very casual/ bogan)

Since we split, he has gotten even daggier, I rarely see him without a flanno on these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I buy most of DH's clothes as he is too lazy to go shopping and lately I just buy all of our clothes from asos.

MIL still buy his clothes too...flanno and tshirts with cartoon characters....blah...

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I buy hubby what I know he likes, no way in hell he would wear what I want him too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have brought all his clothes for the last 20 years. I tend to buy what he likes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I buy DH's clothes, but in the style he likes. Just casual stuff, jeans and hoodies in the winter, long shorts and tees in the summer. I hate it though tbh bc he's very picky and find myself returning half of what I buy despite knowing his taste

Thanks
    Reviews

I buy my DP clothes but mostly basics. He is easy to shop for though, he only wears dark colours!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I buy alot of clothes for dh, we have pretty simular tastes so it's pretty easy.
    Recently I got him a purple shirt, he is Lebanese so vibrant colours really suit his skin tone.

At first he said no way, but I made him wear it, and after getting lots of compliments it's his fav!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep dh will only shop with me, he gets overwhelmed otherwise and picks funny things. But we only get his taste. He will pick a handful of stuff and I put back the bad items. I also add a few extras that he wouldn't have the balls to wear but are great.

He also shops with ny dad, growu up dad had a clothing business and we both used to do the buying so have a good eye.
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 19-08-2012 at 08:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I first met my partner, he was living in the country and he dressed appallingly.

He is very tall and very skinny, but for some reason would often wear a medium or large size shirt. he said it made him feel less skinny, but you can't really hide being that skinny.

He also wore work pants with pleats and a baggy business shirt. It was all just so awful.

With a bit of direction, he threw away everything and started again with some nice fitting clothes, that suit his frame.

Over the years, he has developed his own style and interest in clothes, and I don't really have anything to do with it anymore. he just needed some direction out of the baggy clothes, boy fresh off the farm type look.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (19-08-2012)