+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 1st timers: Father's Day?

I've been debating internally on this one. My dad has a book which I apparently gave him "In-utero" for his first father's day with a message of "I look forward to meeting you around (what was my due date)" I remember finding it when I was 12 and thinking "huh... that was me..."

I want to do something like that for hubby too... but I just don't know whether to or not.

This is our first baby and technically next year will be his first father's day...

So what to do here... What have other's done?

Suggestions for a "soon to be" father's day present/idea

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: 1st timers: Father's Day?

Great idea!

I'm personally struggling to know what to get DH for Fathers day and our baby is already here!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm writing a letter to hubby just from myself to say thank you for the love and support during the pregnancy etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

We didn't celebrate the fathers day while pregnant. I think it takes away from the first real fathers day iykwim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daysta112 For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (20-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

DH got me a card from DS as I was pregnant on mothers day which I loved as I wasn't expecting it but as he said even though DS was not born I was still a mother so I bought him
    The book- Guess how much I love you, ( about a daddy bunny and his little bunny) he loved it, I wrote - " happy fathers day, I love you so much already daddy and can't wait to meet you, love always, your son " he used to read it to him when he was little and his tradition now is that they read it together every fathers day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by daysta112 View Post
    We didn't celebrate the fathers day while pregnant. I think it takes away from the first real fathers day iykwim
    My DH said something about fathers day on the weekend but I said that it'd take the specialness away when jellybean actually is here for fathers day (not due until feb).

I might just get him a card and write something nice in it!