+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was due a month after being bridesmaid for a good friend. She was very understanding, my dh drove my car and kept an eye on me. I lasted til 10pm, I found I was really exhausted the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, thought I'd chime in as I was matron of honour last weekend at 8 weeks pregnant and it was hard battling with morning sickness, nausea and exhaustion for such a long day. I really didn't enjoy the day at all and I think I would have been far more comfortable if I was over the first trimester sickness. I also got outed because I got busted ditching a glass of champagne and really wasn't ready to let people know yet. Having said that, I knew there was a chance I'd be sick at the wedding when we started TTC but decided our family plans had priority over a single day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    This is an interesting thread. I've just been asked by my best friend to be her Matron of Honour at her wedding next October. DH and I are planning to TTC from January so being 9 months pregnant, or even having a newborn, is a possibility. She knows our plans and has no problems with them (she's so relaxed about the whole wedding actually), and I've said to her that the only reason I would miss her wedding is if I was actually giving birth.

One of the best pieces of advice I've heard about TTC is not to plan your first baby, but plan your last baby - which means if you're not planning/not able to have children past 29 (and I'm really sorry about that - a friend of mine is in the same position as you for the same reason but is single at the moment so no babies on the horizon ), make sure you give yourself enough time to have your second, or third baby (if that's what you want). I wouldn't delay TTC until after the wedding, you might not be able to have baby number two or three if you do.

Best of luck with your TTC journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I definantly agree with hamilicious LRA, make sure you give yourself enough time to have the family you would like. I am sure the bride being a very dear friend will be very willing for you to start your family knowing the possibilities you face.