+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    in all honesty...you don't know how long it will take to get pregnant...could be one month...could be 2 years...i don't think your friend would want you to let her wedding rule your life...nor would she expect you to be uncomfortable.

There are ways around lots of things...if she knows you are preggy and is a good friend...she would surely not expect you to do things that were difficult.

23 is young...but if the doctors have genuinely given you indications that there will be problems and given you a deadline...then i don't think someone else's wedding, should be more important that your own family.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Has anyone been heavily pregnant (8-9 months) when in a bridal party?

I have been told if I am pregnant I am not the maid of honour at my sisters wedding! ordered by my mum! which I guest is fair enough! I personally don't want to be running after my sister with a tummy.lol But yeah talk to your friend see what she thinks about it all

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Has anyone been heavily pregnant (8-9 months) when in a bridal party?

Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post

23 is young...but if the doctors have genuinely given you indications that there will be problems and given you a deadline...then i don't think someone else's wedding, should be more important that your own family.
    Yep. Combination of family history of early onset menopause as well as my mum getting very aggressive breast cancer at a young age that was non responsive to treatment even though it was caught early. She lost her battle at 44 after a long fight.
    Gp and the breast surgeon both recommend that I have all my children before 30 so that I don't go into menopause and not have any children (in saying that I could start early menopause earlier than that and still not be able to have kids) and the breast surgeon wants to monitor me very closely once I finish having kids and stop breast feeding so changes can be monitored. I am considering just having a double mastectomy when I finish breast feeding to save myself and my kids going through what mum went through. It is recommended that this is done by 30 because of mum's case

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Has anyone been heavily pregnant (8-9 months) when in a bridal party?

My sister was 30 weeks pregnant with twins when she was my maid of honour for our January wedding. Her poor feet were so swollen in the wedding photos- (thank goodness for photoshop!) and she was a little more emotional than usual. We had a really short, late afternoon ceremony and only had a few photos with the bridal party before the reception. Her being pregnant obviously affected our dress choices, but the other girls were happy with the choices.
    If I had a choice on HOW pregnant I'd want to be if I was in a bridal party, I'd go for 2nd trimester. Over morning sickness, obvious bump, but not yet feeling like a beached whale, etc.
    However, you can't make one day more of a priority than your family plans, IMHO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was matron of honour for my best mate when I was 25 weeks and it was exhausting!! It was a huge day, ceremony at 1 and reception at 6 and photos non-stop in between. I was pretty uncomfortable for most of the day. I tried to drive home from the hunter valley to newy afterwards but made it about 15mins before I had to pull over and get hubby to drive, and then I slept for 16 hours straight when we got home. Really wore me out and I felt it for days!!!

In saying that, I wouldn't plan my family around a wedding (not even my own - I was 15 weeks at mine!) and my friend was supportive of that. There was no way in hell I would have it any other way, I was there alongside my best friend on her big day and now I'm holding my little bub totally worth it!!!

I bought a huge dress and got my mum to alter it a couple of days before the wedding which worked out well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I was a bridesmaid at 8 months pregnant. It was just really exhausting - especially during the photos. Was a really long day. It will also be pretty hot in December which will make it even more exhausting for you. Not a big deal though. Just make sure you've got lots of water and take little rests if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why not just wait 2 months to start trying? Then even if you conceive straight away (fingers crossed!) you shouldn't have to worry too much about early labour, and although you might be tired at the end of the day it shouldn't be too much strain? I don't think anyone should put their family on hold for others, especially in your position and your friend should understand that. You never know how long its going to take! Good luck TTC

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTmeMum2Be View Post
    Why not just wait 2 months to start trying? Then even if you conceive straight away (fingers crossed!) you shouldn't have to worry too much about early labour, and although you might be tired at the end of the day it shouldn't be too much strain? I don't think anyone should put their family on hold for others, especially in your position and your friend should understand that. You never know how long its going to take! Good luck TTC
    I have just been discussing that idea with dh. Although once he realised he said "why don't we just want until after their wedding and then u can enjoy yourself and have a drink and be able to go to the hens party as well"
    Seriously???
    Firstly - I wouldnt want to be drinking anyway if it was right before trying to conceive and
    Secondly - I have wanted to be pregnant for so long it really won't bother me if I am pregnant at the wedding. I understand I may not feel 100% but I may feel great if I'm lucky!

I just don't think he understands how badly I want a baby and he doesn't understand my time frame. I try not to bring it up all the time with him because I know that will scare him off - he doesn't like to be pressured - but I don't want to wait until late next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LRA View Post
    Yep. Combination of family history of early onset menopause as well as my mum getting very aggressive breast cancer at a young age that was non responsive to treatment even though it was caught early. She lost her battle at 44 after a long fight.
    Gp and the breast surgeon both recommend that I have all my children before 30 so that I don't go into menopause and not have any children (in saying that I could start early menopause earlier than that and still not be able to have kids) and the breast surgeon wants to monitor me very closely once I finish having kids and stop breast feeding so changes can be monitored. I am considering just having a double mastectomy when I finish breast feeding to save myself and my kids going through what mum went through. It is recommended that this is done by 30 because of mum's case

That's hard.

I was 39 weeks when I went to my brothers wedding just as a guest, and was a wreck by the end. It was the joke for months leading up that I'd go into labour at the wedding.

But you cant have control over when you have babies. After losing four, we completely gave up on trying to plan babies to be born at certain times. Just have your babies: life will go on regardless.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I agree with Susan Mac, just start ttc when it is right for you as a couple. Perhaps if you are not already pregnant by the time you get to 9 months before the wedding you can skip trying that month so you won't be due right on or around the wedding date. With all you have to contend with with concerns about early menopause etc, you need to think of your dreams of a family. If you were my bridesmaid i would be only too happy to put you on light duties and arrange for you to have you're own slaves if you were 8 months pregnant at my wedding.