+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by catrules View Post
    That's so horrible. Sounds like there's more going on then taking or not taking a supplement. Guess it's easy to say try not to feel guilty but these things happen and it's not your fault...
    I hope your next pregnancy is uneventful.
    I do realise it could be any number of things that do include 'just because', but it does worry me to read some of the replies and their reasons for not taking supplements. This is no personal attack but the reason of "not in my budget" struck a nerve with me- having to sell your business, stay and home full time and spend hours traveling back and forth to hospital every week is a bigger expense than $20-$30 a month for vitamins. Spinabifida would be much harder that what I have to deal with (a definite risk of not taking vitamins) so I would cut costs elsewhere if money was the issue. You never think it's going to happen to you (having a disabled baby) but statistically it's gotta happen to someone...better to know you've done everything in your power to give baby the best chance. The guilt is unbearable I can tell you

anyway, this is a bit off topic now

My vote = take vitamins!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RourkesMumma For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (28-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone not taking supplements?

Quote Originally Posted by RourkesMumma View Post
    I do realise it could be any number of things that do include 'just because', but it does worry me to read some of the replies and their reasons for not taking supplements. This is no personal attack but the reason of "not in my budget" struck a nerve with me- having to sell your business, stay and home full time and spend hours traveling back and forth to hospital every week is a bigger expense than $20-$30 a month for vitamins. Spinabifida would be much harder that what I have to deal with (a definite risk of not taking vitamins) so I would cut costs elsewhere if money was the issue. You never think it's going to happen to you (having a disabled baby) but statistically it's gotta happen to someone...better to know you've done everything in your power to give baby the best chance. The guilt is unbearable I can tell you

anyway, this is a bit off topic now

My vote = take vitamins!!
    Yep. As you say, if vitamins aren't in your budget then you have to think are you really even in a financial position to have a baby? A folate one can be under $10 a month.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've always taken blackmores pregnancy and breast feeding Gold caps, there's about 120 in the tub and its about $45 .

Thanks
    Reviews

I am ttc in late feb and I bought swisse preg multis (60 caps, $29) to start taking in mid jan, just to be sure

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Proudmummy1976 View Post
    I've always taken blackmores pregnancy and breast feeding Gold caps, there's about 120 in the tub and its about $45 .
    Yep. I take these too. Sometimes u can get the big tub for $30 at Priceline when they mark them down close to the use by date.

Or I just take a Swiss mega b+ that has a good amount of folate in it (but 100mcg less).

All vitamins are 50% off at chemist warehouse atm I think. Hubby got me some there yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I am ttc in late feb and I bought swisse preg multis (60 caps, $29) to start taking in mid jan, just to be sure
    3 months prior to conceiving is recommended.
    You might wanna start taking them now. Some vitamins and minerals take time to build up stocks in your system I think, vitamin D is def one that's like that.

Thanks
    Reviews

I already take vit d on its own

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Marepoppin View Post
    I already take vit d on its own
    Yeh I have for awhile too. Got a pre pregnancy check up mid last yr and they did my bloods and found I was really low in vitamin d. I'm a house hermit hehe!

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by misscheviuz View Post
    I can't swallow tablets either but I managed to find Natures Way Pregnancy Vita Gummies which are awesome! Yummy too, orange flavour. Got them from Woolworths for about $20 for a jar of 100

Sent from my umbrella
    I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND NEVER FOUND THEM MY GOSH.
    Maybe I need another look tomorrow. I'd feel better if I took a supp just because I have trouble getting a proper diet in.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by αληθη View Post
    I'VE BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND NEVER FOUND THEM MY GOSH.
    Maybe I need another look tomorrow. I'd feel better if I took a supp just because I have trouble getting a proper diet in.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen them in woolworths.
    Priceline usually carry a big selection.