+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default Re: Anyone not taking supplements?

I wasn't on any supplements but I have now been told I need to take iron, magnesium and calcium. They have suggested elevit or blackmores :/

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was taking Elevit for before pg and now week 6 but I'm so constipated I tried to change it to Blackmore I-frolic which just has frolic acid and iodine and no iron. So hopefully this will help and my BT were all fine. So hopefully ill just get iron from food.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was sick all the time (vomiting) and ive stopped taking my pregnancy vitamins the blackmores ones and I am fine!!

I take megafol because of all the other medications i'm on (epilepsy) so I needed a higher dose I might just go back to my normal vitamins everyday.. my iron etc is fine and i don't get indigestion anymore!

Rutabaga is offline Getting it together, one day at a time.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My fs recommend I skip the preg multi v and just take folic acid. Right now I'm on a mega dose of it because I don't absorb it well, and my ob is happy to leave it at that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i just took the little folic acid tablet daily untill i finished the bottle for both pregnancies. If ur eating well and blood tests dont find deficiencies i dont see a need for supliments. i tested low in iron at 24 weeks with my second bub and needed an iron suppliment. That was all i took. never had morning sickness.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Anyone not taking supplements?

I keep forgetting to take mine oops

Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told to take many things. I didn't. I was warned of dangers but it didn't seem like taking a small amount of something was really going to help if it came down to a massive problem so I didn't bother. It wasn't worth feeling sick every day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm just taking folic acid. I have the opposite problem to most women (high iron levels) so any multivitamin makes me constipated.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone not taking supplements?

Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    I did not take any supplements during my pregnancy, bub is 6 weeks old and in perfect health. I'm not a big believer in the need for supplementation, I think it's far better to focus on a healthy balanced diet. I had perfect iron levels throughout my pregnancy.

To quote Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory "Well, there's some value to taking a multi-vitamin but the human body can only absorb so much. What you're buying here are the ingredients for very expensive urine."
    http://www.womenshealth.gov/publicat...folic-acid.cfm

Even eating a healthy well balanced diet including folate enriched foods (cereal, bread etc) doesn't guarantee you have enough folate in your body to prevent birth defects such as spina bifida. Why would you want to risk it?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone not taking supplements?

I keep vomiting them up so have been skipping them. I did manage to take them up until around 8 weeks I think but then my morning sickness really took over and it's been hit and miss ever since.