+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Can I help make my baby grow??

I have a strange question. My baby girl (I'm 25 weeks pregnant) is measuring very small on ultrasound. About 1.5-2.5 weeks behind. I'm being monitored closely as at our morph scan she was prenatally diagnosed with a very serious heart condition. That aside... She is small and there are no other 'soft markers' (yet) for chromosomal or genetic syndromes. Though doctors have concerns.
    I keep tell myself that I'm small, barely 154cm tall, DH is not tall and neither are out families. Everyone is quite petite except my dad! I was also very small when born. So I'm hoping it's just family history.
    So.. I'm searching Internet to see if there is anything I can do to help my baby grow!! I eat pretty healthy (odd naughty craving for chips... Struggled though to eat in first trimester) and try to eat veggies etc. my bump is growing and I definitely look pregnant. She kicks and wiggles and has a strong heartbeat. I've read that more proteins in the second trimester can help but I've also read that there's nothing you can do to help growth. My placenta is functioning normal too.
    Just wondering if there's anyone out there who had babies measuring small or anything and what was your outcome- good or bad??? Can I do anything to help her grow??
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

So sorry to hear about the serious heart condition. Massive hugs.

Re: measuring small. In all of my pregnancies I have measured 2-3 weeks behind. Pregnancies 1 and 2 I had a scan late pregnancy to check bubs measurements but my middy has never been worried. Dd1 weighed 6pd 11.5 and dd2 weighed 7pd. Can't remember heights. Im not sure of il get another scan with this one yet. I have an appointment Monday so will find out then I guess. But if bub is moving alot and has a strong hb then I don't think you need to worry IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you massive hugs.

I'm 34weeks & my baby's abdominal circumference is measuring 2wks behind. All other measurements are on track incld. overall weight. Mine is due to the placenta not working properly. I was told to do gentle exercise, so no gym workouts etc. I also noticed a slight improvement after upping my muesli intake! Not sure if muesli had anything to do with it but have been scoffing it down since!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your responses.
    All measurements are in proportion really. Just small.
    Perhaps I should give muesli a try!!
    Ultrasounds can be tricky to be spot on... And ive not had my fundal height measured either. Just ultrasounds. I have to wait til 28 weeks for next growth scan.