+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Perth WA
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Did you actively "night-toilet train" your child?

My dd was toilet trained in the day at 22 mths and was dry at night for the first couple of wks then started wetting every night so went back into nappies. She's now 4 and nappies are still sopping wet in the morning. She wants to be dry and so on Fri and Sat just gone she wore pants. She went to the toilet before bed and I took her for a dream wee 😃 before I went to bed, had one wet sheet the first night and 2 last night (thank god for brolly sheets) but she was over it by then and asked to go back into nappies. I think she is in such a deep sleep she literally has no idea she is wet or needs to go. We'll wait and try again in a while I think.
    Last edited by Bellaleggos; 26-08-2012 at 23:52.

At the beach
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by OJandMe View Post
    I suppose toilet training to me always invokes ideas of parents going "oh we are going to toilet train now" and then take their child to the loo every 30 mins, make them sit there after meals, take a potty with them, read books about using the toilet and get really frustrated when they are still doing that months later.

I tend to think I more do toilet timing... just watching and waiting their cues, but not really stressing about it or thinking about it much.. just watching them learn how to control it themselves... not really 'teaching' them to control it IYKWIM.
    I think it's when you put them on the toilet every 30 minutes or whenever that it's actually toilet timing, whereas watching for cues and following their lead is toilet training (at least for me it is).

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    argh... whatever... why do I even bother anymore...

okay let's derail the thread picking apart the syntactic and semantic trivialities of the written discourse which have no relation to the topic on hand... which is basically how did we each personally navigate our child/ren staying dry at night.

bowing out now.

Assignments to write,..... procrastination well and truly cured.