+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long Term TTC with a History of Loss Chat

Raeleneb... Thanks for your incite into your journey. There are so many issues to deal with... You have obviously had a tough time of it... I'm so jealous of women who fall pregnant just by looking at a naked man! No tablets, temps or blood tests! Surely we are due for a sticky bub!

del... In response to how hard each loss is I would have to honestly say I'm becoming a bit numb to it all now. Hormones kick in... I have a couple of days of random crying, normally one big snotty ridden tear-fest in bed at night while my DF gently rocks me, then I move on hopeful it will be over quickly! I've had some massive life changing things happen over the years and I've always been pretty positive, so I guess I just apply the same tactics to moving on... Otherwise I may just crash and burn, and my daughter has seen too much in her short life and needs me to be strong.

Stretched... I was really excited to hear your breast cancer survivor friend had a successful pregnancy... It gives me hope, and I feel pure joy for her and her partner. I have researched but not really found many examples of this. I am as much of a "dr googler" as I am a POAS addict! Do you know if she had problems with her progesterone levels? My last loss had slow hcg but also showed dropping progesterone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Hey Tormy hope you don't think we ditched you lol just thought there were a few of us that have been on the ttc treadmill a long time and it can be a different experience than for some that conceive straight away after a loss and go on to have a sticky baby.

Who here is so over the blood tests? be it for FS's or for the losses where we have to keep having bloods constantly monitoring HCG? last month my arms were black, literally. I had 12 tests in something like 2.5 weeks and I know any further pgs are going to be the same, watching for slow rising counts for another EP.

Why must everything be so bloody hard for us when some get pg without even trying????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I may as well say . wow some of you are dealing with very difficult situations. I have *only( had one m/c so feel I shouldn't complain but it is hard. I am tending to avoid the other threads. WE started TTC March 2011 for child number 2. Had a mmc April this year, misprostal which worked but had retained products which was discovered mid-june - D &C and now I am waiting again. We are doing it natural. I am not even OPK, just hoping we can catch the egg. I will have bloods next week though. DH and i have given it until Christmas then we will see a FS. My Ob from DS who also did the D &C is also a FS. DH is going away next week so I am not sure we will even catch the egg. My cycle was so out of whack last month - 25days!!! I am usually 30/31

Good luck to everyone. Will try and do personal tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Long Term TTC with a History of Loss Chat

Can I please join too!!!!
    Fab idea.....
    I have been ttc for 1 year & 9 months.. With one miscarriage last November at 6 weeks.

I have pcos & insulin resistant & I am a little overweight - to put it nicely
    My bmi is 35

Have been on metformin and clomid
    My FS has just increased my dose to 150mg this cycle and next if I'm not preg.. After that we will be getting injections done...

This journey has been so stressful and is now starting to cause stress in my relationship with my husband

I'm sorry this thread is here but I'm glad there is a section here for us ladies to chat, support & cheer on

Btw I'm only cd5 today so I've still got a while to go this month but I really really hope we get some bfp's in this thread.... Nice sticky little chubba bubbas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    heya luey I feel bad now poaching the long termers from our other thread lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bleeding so heavy with a bit of clots. Not overly worried as that seems the norm for the first AF after a loss. I'm feeling sore and sorry for myself though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Bleeding so heavy with a bit of clots. Not overly worried as that seems the norm for the first AF after a loss. I'm feeling sore and sorry for myself though...
    Poor you. I hope you can take time out for you today sometime. One month closer!!! Don't feel bad about poaching the long termers from the other thread. I am finding it is a moving a bit quickly and am having trouble that others are falling quickly. Sorry if that makes me a bad person.
    I guess in reality I have only been trying for now 3 rd cycle after the loss but there was 6 wasted weeks as well. I don't know if we will catch the egg this month as DH is away from Tuesday. Who knows when I will O, ? Tuesday.

Hi Tormy- poor you. I imagine there are plenty of poonane scans too! I had to have a scan the other day to check my gallbladder (it is ok) and I was just thankful I didn't have to have the probe shoved into an orifice .

Hi Tee tee

Will try and get back tonight. I really need to get ready for work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning everyone

I hope this question isn't too upsetting for anyone, but I wanted to ask what people did with their scan photos? I have no idea what to do. I have several, as at first there was no HB, then there was a HB, and then a week later it had stopped. So I had several scans to monitor that.

I don't feel right throwing them out, but I don't really want to do anything too keepsakey with them either. I'm usually very organised with all photos and memorabilia, and everything goes into albums/ on the computer/ in scrapbooks. I just don't know what to do with these. It makes me sad to look at them, but they're the only 'thing' that I have that shows the baby was ever there.

I'm so sorry if asking this question upsets anyone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

mymiraclebubba  (26-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Long Term TTC with a History of Loss Chat

I put a scan photo and a good bye letter from my dh and I folded it up.and put it inside a balloon and let it go from our house a friend of mine put them in a box and put it in the garden and planted a flower on top now ever time the flower comes out she gets to remember the baby she lost so i guess its up to you what you do with them you do what feels is good for you

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 6 years trying For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (23-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Morning everyone

I hope this question isn't too upsetting for anyone, but I wanted to ask what people did with their scan photos? I have no idea what to do. I have several, as at first there was no HB, then there was a HB, and then a week later it had stopped. So I had several scans to monitor that.

I don't feel right throwing them out, but I don't really want to do anything too keepsakey with them either. I'm usually very organised with all photos and memorabilia, and everything goes into albums/ on the computer/ in scrapbooks. I just don't know what to do with these. It makes me sad to look at them, but they're the only 'thing' that I have that shows the baby was ever there.

I'm so sorry if asking this question upsets anyone.
    Hi Girl X,

Where I have them, I kept everything and put it away so that when I feel like it (if I feel like it), it's there and I can go and have a moment with them. For example, the stillbirth in 1991, 21 years later, I still have everything, and it just sits in a box in my room and I spend time with her when I need to. I also created a website (which was closed down a couple of years ago) to celebrate her 'life'. For the miscarriage last year, I kept the scan photos, it was all I had. I don't have anything for the 3 miscarriages this year.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mymiraclebubba For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (24-08-2012)