+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Girl x - glad you could have the test early

Spud : Hopefully this FS will be the right fit for you. It's great that AF finally arrived though. Hopefully this month will be the month. Can I ask if the ovarian drilling still requires Assisted conception be it IVF and monitoring of cycles or they just say do it every 2nd day - go your hardest?

Angelini, whoops, sorry forgot. YAY. Fingers crossed
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 20-09-2012 at 16:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BFN for me, which is as expected. Starting the next FET straight away, so waiting for AF now.

In the mean time enjoying a nice cold glass of champagne...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girl x - Enjoy. I will be having a drink later. I really don't know how single parents/ FIFO parents do it. I am exhausted. Next cycle for both of us. Actually all of us here. I want it to be empty. I can see the tumble weeds now!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    That sucks X enjoy your champers hun, I might just indulge myself tonight before the 2ww starts.

Af full force here today, so 2-5 Oct is the days for me

6. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm really not coping too well. I've been crying on and off all day for the past 2 days now. What I thought was AF yesterday was just spotting again. Nothing again since. According to my usual cycle, AF was due yesterday but last month, for some reason I had spotting for 3 days before AF finally arrived which was the first time ever in my cycle that I was irregular. We put it down to the DHEA. I've been absolutely devastated that I think AF is here/coming and I know I need to speak to DH about it, I just can't bring myself to atm with everything else we have going on. I have a colleague that I subcontracted some work out to not long ago for my business and she knows the difficulty I've been having ttc. When I called her today she said 'oh I could be better, I've got the worst morning sickness ever'. I just hit the wall, started crying, pulled myself together and said well, there are people out there like me who would love to be in your position. I just thought it was so insensitive and couldn't help myself. I'm just falling apart. It's crazy, we're just about homeless because we haven't heard about the loan, I can cope with that. My website that I engaged a company to upgrade is at least 2 weeks behind schedule and the cost is going to increase, I can cope with that. My son is about to move back to Victoria so now both my kids will be there while I'm here in WA, I can cope with that. I can't cope with the fact that I may never have another egg or that I may never get pregnant. I can't cope with confronting my potential infertility every month anymore.

Before all our posts disappeared into cyber space, someone asked why I don't go down the IVF path. We have started that journey and all that is left is the compulsory counselling and call up for injections on day 21 of my cycle. The problem is that DH is very, very uncomfortable with it. I think I mentioned once before that he is struggling with it from a cultural and religious perspective and feels that by letting science interfere with what should be a natural process driven by 'God's wishes for us' that we will end up with a disabled child or something bad will happen. I tried to understand and tried to let nature take its course to make him feel comfortable but I just can't do it anymore and I feel like my last opportunity dies every month.

I don't know whether I am getting AF, whether it was just spotting yesterday, I have no idea anymore. All I know is that up until last month, I had a 25 day cycle and always, without fail had AF arrive on day 25. Last month, it was day 27, today is day 26.

Sorry for the negativity ladies, I'm just feeling really down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Aww rae I'm so sorry you aren't travelling well hun, just know your feelings are totally normal and I think most of us have typed or spoken the words you have at one point or another.

I'm not religious but I have questioned the universe so many times thru this journey (and thru the 4 years it took to get DD) why it sees fit to give some women babies and not others. I've had several melt downs in my 15 month journey, when I hear of pg announcements, especially the ones that quite frankly don't deserve more kids. I wonder why the universe gives with one hand and takes with the other. My last loss almost sent me over the edge and the only thing that kept me from going over was my DH and the women on this forum.

I respect your DH's views on religion, but I would ask him if you were to get extremely sick, would he not want modern medicine to save you? If IVF can reduce your heartache by increasing your chances why not?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

mymiraclebubba  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Del. I'm not particularly religious either, I just question a lot of things and I suppose am spiritual to some level. DH is religious to some extent, a lot more than me but we don't go to church...although, he keeps saying we need to go. I agree with your train of thought though. I know I need to have this conversation with him because it's getting harder and harder each month. I think that 6 months of trying to let nature take its course is a good attempt...all I know is that time is really running out if it hasn't already. I look at my DHEA & my folic acid, it sits here in front of me at the pc so I don't forget to take it every day...I've been taking the DHEA religiously for 2 and a bit months, the folic acid since February every day, living like I was pregnant since february with 1 small episode of getting drunk at Margaret River. I've reduced my stress levels, reduced my business hours and client load so I'm not working ridiculous hours anymore, I quit the gym as I was told in January and haven't done ANY exercise since like I was told and have put on weight...I've done everything. Thanks for the hugs, I don't think you realise just how much they meant and to know that someone else understands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick one as I should be getting ready for work - not bubhubbing!!

Just wanted to give GirlX and Raelene big hugs!

Raelene - Please don't stress so much about running out of eggs just yet. There was some research released earlier this year going against the old belief that women are born with a finite number of eggs which are then released until we run out. I'm sorry I don't have the links or anything - but it would make sense of why some women's AMH levels increase when tested again rather than always dropping. So you never know, all your efforts could be producing the perfect egg ready for the perfect sticky baby!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

delirium  (21-09-2012),Guest654  (21-09-2012),mymiraclebubba  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww RAe . I am so sorry to hear you aren't travelling well, but that is what this group is for. Although you have said you have tried to reduce your stress it sounds like you have lots going on still. I think that the spotting is perhaps the 'icing on the cake'. IT was so insensitive of that person to say how sick they were feeling but I am sure that they didn't mean to be. You just get wrapped in your own circumstances and forget the bigger picture. I am not religious but I wonder if your DH could go to the counselling with you and discuss it?. I am sure his views/ feeling would not be unusual. At least this way someone impartial is able to answer his questions and help him process them.
    This will probably offend someone but it's my view and opinion and that's ok, you don't have to agree with me:
    I always wonder why people object to various things on the grounds of religion. I often think if 'god didn't want that to happen why did he invent it?'. If God really has a plan for each of us why did he give people the ability to be excellent at Science and come up with innovations like IVF to enable people to have children that otherwise couldn't? THis is my view. I will admit I don't believe in god as such. I ahve seen way too much bad stuff.

Me - DH can't come home until tomorrow He now has time in the big smoke. I did mention to him about getting a SA today but he really doesn't want to, he is scared. HE is the one who said a few weeks ago that he would have had it done if he had had time. I won't push him. We had said we would give it until christmas. We need to discuss what we will do if we aren't pregnant by christmas/ implications of any tests anyway. Will we have assisted conception etc or will we 'settle' for one? Big things. In the meantime we will both try and get as healthy as possible. DH is now taking menevit. I will get him to eat a bit better again and perhaps lose some weight and start exercising. The weather is warming up so we will be able to get in the pool soon.

Happy Friday everyone

ETA: GAH Damn FB preg announcements. It wasn't even my friend. It was a friend liking something on the timeline!!! Due in MArch. Dammit should be MEEEEE!!! I am starting to find it a bit tough that I am not pregnant and angel's due date is approaching. This is the last cycle before the due date. I really really want to be preg before then. At least I have the holiday to look forward to/help me cope. That was the whole reason for it. If I can't have a baby we need to have a holiday. I am jsut finding it really tough at the moment. I knwo you girls will udnerstand
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 21-09-2012 at 09:42.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hullabalu For This Useful Post:

mymiraclebubba  (21-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morn ladies,
    Yay it's Friday

Rae - im so sorry ur feeling this way, sending u big big . It's just such a horrible road we have to travel and the not knowing if ur cycle is ur last is so hard to bear. Im assuming you know that u can still get a period without ovulating so don't always think each month u have lost an egg (i hope this gives u some little hope if anything). Either way, know that how u are feeling is exactly how ur meant to feel and time i believe in our journey makes no difference, if anything sometimes worse as we are further down the track and still no babe in our arms. Be extra kind to urself whether that be shoe shopping or cake eating (which is what im doing this weekend!!).

Girl x - thinking of you too and even though ur POAS were neg i think sometimes we still have a faint hope it might be wrong, crazy how our brains work sometimes. ANyway sending big bug to you too.

Delirium - i've got AF in full force too maybe if my body works this month we can be cycle buddies!

Luey - you don't need to be doing IVF for the ovarian drilling but u do need to see a FS. My guy decided to do it after 2 years of OI and recent diagnosis of PCO. I'ts just like a lap so pretty basic and meant to get ur ovulating regularly without meds. So far im not convinced!

AFM - just waiting to see new FS next week and im going to demand the 'works' in whatever they got i want!! Having my best friend tell me she's preg just makes me more determined. x

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spud For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (21-09-2012),mymiraclebubba  (21-09-2012)