+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Tuesday Ladies

Sounds like a lot of us are doing the big spring clean! Hopefully this is a sign that we are making room in our lives for new beginnings!

Thank you to those who asked about my health... Looks likely to have been either a bowel obstruction or a viral bug. Not pleasant either way but no sharp pain just dull ache now so on the mend.
    Hopefully this is our month. We managed to DTD every second day from CD7 to CD18 so if we haven't caught the egg this time I seriously give up!

I understand the superstitious side of doing all the right/proactive things but its usually when i dont ie not temping, not taking supplements etc, that i do fall preg and so sometimes I feel like I'm doing a bad thing. DF likes his wine and forgets to take his menevit and I hate taking tablets so when we are UTD and it fails I feel rotten and responsible, yet when we carefully plan we never seem to get UTD... So I'm torn as to which plan!

raeleneb... So sorry to hear about your stillbirth. I cannot fathom the hole in your heart and the confusion in your mind that situation must of brought you and your loved ones x x

Del... Not long now and you will be DTD with intent! Get your sex kitten on girl, and have fun!

Girlx... I don't trust hpt that much... Best to wait for Fridays BT results as they will be unquestionable! Fingers crossed for you x

Luey... I understand the questions you raised re weight. I believe I should be in a better position to conceive now than when I was 25kg-35kg heavier but other factors also contribute like age, timing, stress levels, medical history.
    I can get UTD but can't stick... Yet never the same reason. I've had an ectopic, then a early m/c, then lost one twin to have DD at 26weeks, then a chemical then another early m/c, then lost one at 12wks then one at 8 weeks... So no pattern!
    if you both choose to lose weight for your health that's great, and you will both feel better about it but I watched my friend at 140kgs have two boys and she was in her late 30s so I'm am stumped! Exercise does release endorphins and so does DTD so maybe go for a walk after dinner together then have a cuddle!! Can't hurt!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pickledpink For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-09-2012),mymiraclebubba  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope all is well and a quick check in for me.

Girlx, hang in there, it aint over til ... you know the rest lol.
    Luey, I know that when DH & I went to the FS, she thought that our problems were because of my very low AMH, age & DH's smoking (about 15 - 20 per day rollies) & drinking (about 3 - 6 beers a day depending on the day). As it turned out, after he did his SA & bloods, there is not a single thing wrong with him, his swimmers are excellent. The issues are with me. So, I guess the story I'm trying to tell is that sometimes even the experts get it wrong and sometimes, even our other halves feel the need to share the burden of potentially having a role in the ongoing misses because it tries to take away our pain. My 5 minute insight into the male brain!

Big hugs to everyone, I think we still all need them.

AFM - I think I'm probably going to come up negative. I also wonder whether I'm just preparing myself for the worst because I still have those symptoms, when I eat now I feel sick, I have vaginal pains every now and again, when we DTD the other night, my cervix was tender, boobs are bigger (esp. the left one, it's so embarrassing you can see it in my work shirts lol). Last night, we saw the last 3 minutes of a movie and I started bawling my eyes out. I did POAS yesterday but it was BFM but having said that it was perhaps too early (6 days before AF was due). DH says I've been snoring lots & previous history suggests I only do that when pregnant because I'm naturally a very light sleeper. I think I'm just tired and scared of another BFN.

There's something else that's been on my mind though & I wonder if any of you experience this...Through our many losses, I've had a few people say to me now, don't you think the universe is trying to tell you something? Maybe you & DH are not meant to be together, maybe you & DH are not meant to have another baby? Surely you can see the writing on the wall, why don't you give up? Surely you see the signs? It's times like this I really reflect on their comments and while I know I shouldn't, I do and I can't help but wonder whether their comments have any basis or may even be true. I really hate this time of month, it's always filled with fear, anxiety and sadness.

Oh & still no news on the house so, we have no idea where we will be living in 2 weeks time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mymiraclebubba For This Useful Post:

Guest654  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi again gals

Well, it's 12dpo and no spotting yesterday, nor any yet today, so hooray! It looks like the B vits have extended my LP! Of course, I'm trying to remind myself that I'm trying to extend my LP - taking vitamins to do it, even - so I'm trying to not let myself get excited that AF hasn't arrived yet. I did a test at 10dpo and BFN so it's just a waiting game now. Keeping positive, though, and a longer LP is a great result!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ooh so many girls due to test later this week! How exciting - wishing you all the best of luck. I didn't get my BFPs til 11dpo using FRER so doesn't sound like anyone is out just yet.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

angelini  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL...this may sound silly but I even went to the acronym dictionary for this one...stretched...what does FRER mean? I know I'm just going to kick myself when I find out! lol

Angelini - my fingers are crossed for you...hope it's good news :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    First Response Early Response Rae

looks like my period is coming, I would say tomorrow or Thurs at latest, I'm due tomorrow so right on cue. omg I don't think I've ever been so excited lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

mymiraclebubba  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Raelene - FRER is a First Response Early something or other (early response??) home pregnancy test.

In answer to your question about the universe telling you something. No, I don't believe that to be true. I don't believe in a cosmic plan for any of us, which will (of course) shape my thinking. I think that things just 'are' and sometimes they're sucky/ hard/ awful but I don't think we are predestined to do anything or have any number of children.

My mum tried to get pregnant for 5 years before I was born. I was the last cycle they did before she was giving up, and she had told her FS that they weren't doing any more. If they'd given up a cycle earlier then I wouldn't be here. I don't think that's destiny/ fate. I think I'm lucky to be here! And I certainly don't think that my parents deserved to go through that 5 years, or that the universe was trying to tell them anything. It was just really bad luck.

Will keep everything crossed for you for a BFP

Stretched - Well I'm technically 15dpo now, as my clinic does the BT 14 days after ET, not ovulation. And still negative. I think it's pretty likely I'm out. I just wish I didn't have to wait until Friday before I can stop all the pessaries and oestrogen!

Angelini - That's great news about a longer LP!

Luey - No advice, I'm afraid, as the problem is with me rather than DH for us. Hope someone here can help though!

Pickledpink - I hope this is your month!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Hopefully you aren't out yet X my fingers are crossed for you and everyone that that is near to testing

14. The Following User Says Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question?!
    Does anyone else still have alcohol while ttc?
    Im not a big drinker but have had a small glass with dinner occasionally. Nearly every pregnancy I have found out just after a big night out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I will sometimes have a glass as a commiseration drink the day I get AF, I'm not a big drinker at all but I stay clear after ovulation. Having said that, when I got pg with my first child I got blottoed about a week before I found out I was pg. After over 4 years of trying I had almost given up it was ever going to happen.