+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How often does the other bio parent cancel visits?

Ex has cancelled this weekends visit with DS...it's not the first time...but normally he is not too bad. Excuse this time...his other kids are sick.

I have insisted that he still take DS to the outing he promised on Sunday...as ex cancelling visits does often coincide with things he considers an inconvenience.

So...how often does ex cancel visits...or, if you are the "step parent" how often do you/your partner cancel visits for his/her kids?

If the visit is cancelled...does a make up one occur...or is is just missed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Sometimes we swap weekends if one of us has something on. I don't think he's ever cancelled, although a couple of times I've had to pick her up early for one reason or another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BF used to either just not show up, or say he had to work (Bull S), or that he couldnt get there to pick DD up (Bull s).

I never made plans :s.

Now that we live 800km apart and BF has BD 1/2 of school holidays, its all organised in advance and he rarely cancels.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

DSS's visits have been cancelled in the past, but not very often. And it's not always us that cancels when they do, for example, his mum asked us to miss the last visit due to some medical issues for herself. We do try to work together with it though, and if visits get cancelled it's for a genuine reason and it's always discussed and worked out well in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the time, till I made him pay for babysitting for the weekend for all the children, now he shows up because money is more important to him... it's an excellent motivator... except when paying child support..

Thanks
    Reviews

I can't remember us ever canceling a weekend with DH's DD. It's been cancelled on us many times though, then when we'd try to get the following weekend, his ex would say no as it's her weekend. So we would go for weeks and weeks without seeing her at times which was so hard!
    Now she is 13, she doesn't have set weekends with us as she plays netball and organizes things with friends, so we just arrange things around her social life which is fine with us. She loves coming to us so she will always come if she can and gets to make her own choice to come or not.
    So much easier now than all the struggles we went through to see her from age 1-12.