+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MM were you private or public? I have a feeling this "convenience" option wouldn't be suggested publically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    MM were you private or public? I have a feeling this "convenience" option wouldn't be suggested publically.
    Public.
    I would have turned it down anyway, i felt happy that if i did end giving birth before i got to hospital that i would be okay. I would recommend researching what to do if you did go in labour and didn't make it to hospital though.
    To me it's just what you said a 'convenience' option - i guess you have to decide is it for your best interests or theirs?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fast first labour - offered induction this time.

I'm worried about having a quick birth too. This will be my third and my second was so fast I was hysterical and my baby went into distress too. Made it to the hospital with 20 mins to spare last time so I have been looking into the option of an induction too. Before going down that path I think I might research ways to slow down labour if that's possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I had an induction with my last
    For the same reasons, prior birth was 1.5hrs and we live 2 hours drive from the hospital, bearing in mind winding country roads with lots of kangaroos between us and hospital. OB an I agreed that induction was best at 39weeks

Thanks
    Reviews

My first 2 babes were induced, my 3rd came naturally. 12 hrs, 1 hr 21, 2 hr 55.
    I'd do the natural labour every day for a year > an induction personally. They really aren't fun.
    Mine were both post dates so we didn't have any latching difficulty thankfully.

I mean in the end it's up to you, but it would be a shame to have an induction and then have a cascade of intervention, which is highly possible. (my first induction = CS, second bub went into distress and it was forceps)

Not sure if it's just me but the forced contractions from the drip were a nightmare compared to the naturally occurring ones!

Thanks
    Reviews

I was induced at 39+2 and my labour was awful, I ended up pushing for 3 hours and had an episiotomy and a ventouse delivery - something I was hoping to avoid. I put it down to the fact that bub just wasn't ready. I had PE, which was the reason for the induction, I would never have agreed otherwise.

Thanks
    Reviews

Also, this is my only bub so I have nothing to compare it to - but after the gels were inserted I was flung straight into it, there was no time for my body to ease into it or whatever. It sucked, the contractions were horrible for the very start.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    True however I'm in the minority here on bubhub I think in that I have a lot of faith in the medical profession. There is no way I'm NOT having my baby in a hospital with tertiary neonatal services. I wish I could be comfortable with a home birth but it's just not who I am.
    I too wish I could be comfortable with a home birth. It must be such a beautiful experience when everything goes to plan but I too am far more at ease giving birth in a hospital. I recently heard of a lady who lost her baby at a home birth because there were complications the midwife wasn't able to handle. They said there was a good chance they would've been able to save the baby if she was in hospital. In saying that I really admire people that have the courage to do it at home. I certainly don't!

Thanks
    Reviews
    both my pregnancies were induced. 1st due too p.e toxemia. 2nd was offered. No regrets! Both healthy babies went home the next day & this was in public hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I was induced at 38+3 after I started bleeding and my hindwaters were leaking. DS was born 8 hours after waters were broken, 4 hours after I was given syntocinon. He was fine, but we did have a few issues with his feeding which were sorted very quickly. Not much we could have done about his date of birth - the induction was neccessary and he was definitely ready to come, after I was put on the drip there was no need for any further intervention.

I did have peth but didn't find the birth all that tough -I mean, yes, there were tough moments, but if an induced labour is worse than a natural labour it will be interesting to see how I go next time (if I have a natural labour).

Try lots of natural ways to induce labour - sex, walking, curries... (I did all of that in the 48 hours before DS was born), and be guided by your body. Good luck!