+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Ex dealing drugs - help!

howdy all I hope you're doing good on this Friday night!

Short of talking to a lawyer I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me.

My ex has dealt drugs in the past (prior to us being together) and part of the reason we separated was his daily marijuana use (and harder drugs on a regular basis).

He has been living away the same city as us for about four months, he's back in a week and I have a very strong suspicion he is dealing/using again. I wouldn't put it past him to do a deal with our son in his presence.

I do not trust him in the slightest and cannot even entertain the idea of him having our son since he is so untrustworthy - he also only wants to see our son when it is convenient for him - I will not put my two year old's life at risk!

The only trouble is I have no ACTUAL proof he is doing this, just a hunch (for someone who has never been able to pay bills/save any money he suddenly has A LOT of new toys and is throwing cash around like it's going out of fashion.

I'm wondering if anyone has been here before - we have an unofficial agreement where I have 100% custody of our son - so can I legally keep him away? what are the repercussions for me?

At the end of the day I will not risk my sons well being to keep the peace with him anymore. I know there will be arguments, but I'll be damned if I'm letting a potential drug dealer anywhere near my kid.

Any advice on how to handle this?

I have previously considered getting an intervention order against him but I don't want to go there but I don't know how else to keep him away from us.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You will probably need to attend mediation. You need a reason for an intervention order.. he actually needs to have done something to you/threatened you. You can't just go and get an intervention order because you don't want him seeing your son.

I suggest going to talk to a lawyer/legal aid ASAP and see what your options are. I also wouldn't want my child around a drug dealer

In court at the moment and my ex sounds like your ex. My lawyer told me that he could be stoned with my son in his care,but as long as my son is cared for than it's fine.

The judge herself told me drug use and dealing doesn't concern BUT to come see her if he did or does hit me.