+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Most amazing things

South African, yes. And yep I have many similar stories like that too. Something an under 10 year old should never have to witness

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-08-2012)

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I saw a couple of big tornados in Texas when I was a kid. We were passing through in my father's truck and they were off in the distance...

Most people on this site would have seen one of these, but my daughters placenta was so amaazing!! My doula showed me the sa and everything and her cord that was twicce as long as the 'norm'.. It blew me away I have so much respect for them now...

I once saw a squirrel eat a fully grown live cat on the roof of a house... just joking, I just couldn't think of anything else

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Theophania For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think mine is pretty low key in comparison, but while in Thailand, my BF and I were hanging out at the end of a jetty late one night with our feet in the water.

There was a huge moon out, and I was just so impressed with how it was lighting up our feet!

After a while, I realised that the moon was not shining on our feet, we were in fact stirring up glowing plankton!

It was so incredibly beautiful! (it also made my fear of being attacked by a shark go away, as we would *hopefully* see it light up before it got us lol).

Such a treasured memory... Too bad I was a bit high on pain killers at the time though LOL...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-08-2012),halloweendee  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    I saw a couple of big tornados in Texas when I was a kid. We were passing through in my father's truck and they were off in the distance...

Most people on this site would have seen one of these, but my daughters placenta was so amaazing!! My doula showed me the sa and everything and her cord that was twicce as long as the 'norm'.. It blew me away I have so much respect for them now...

I once saw a squirrel eat a fully grown live cat on the roof of a house... just joking, I just couldn't think of anything else
    OMG I was so freaked out for a second

I wish I could see a tornado. I use to want to be a chaser haha

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsImpatient View Post
    I think mine is pretty low key in comparison, but while in Thailand, my BF and I were hanging out at the end of a jetty late one night with our feet in the water.

There was a huge moon out, and I was just so impressed with how it was lighting up our feet!

After a while, I realised that the moon was not shining on our feet, we were in fact stirring up glowing plankton!

It was so incredibly beautiful! (it also made my fear of being attacked by a shark go away, as we would *hopefully* see it light up before it got us lol).

Such a treasured memory... Too bad I was a bit high on pain killers at the time though LOL...
    That is still pretty cool. I like natrual wonder type things

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleigh For This Useful Post:

MsImpatient  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Theophania View Post
    Oh you had me there!! I was all like 'What the hell?? Squirrels eat meat?? CRAZY!!' ... Then I clicked about the 'live' part... Haha..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MsImpatient For This Useful Post:

Theophania  (17-08-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't worry I laughed as I typed it out, funny now, wasnt at the time!

Hubby has seen a few as a firefighter..but they aren't pretty ones so I'll give readers a chance to skim past this post..
    He has tended a house fire where they couldn't find the 2 year old girl until they had put it out, they found her body on top of the ceiling fan blades with no way to get there De-gloved people because they didnt wear seat belts, not knowing there where children involved in car accidents until much later because the car seats weren't installed properly and were ejected from the car into scrub 100m away..I could go on but I wont!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    Don't worry I laughed as I typed it out, funny now, wasnt at the time!

Hubby has seen a few as a firefighter..but they aren't pretty ones so I'll give readers a chance to skim past this post..
    He has tended a house fire where they couldn't find the 2 year old girl until they had put it out, they found her body on top of the ceiling fan blades with no way to get there De-gloved people because they didnt wear seat belts, not knowing there where children involved in car accidents until much later because the car seats weren't installed properly and were ejected from the car into scrub 100m away..I could go on but I wont!
    Oh thats horrible Its sad enough for people to be burnt alive but children always make it ten times worse and then some. The things people in these type of jobs have to deal with would be so hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The world's largest colony of Adelie penguins (about half a million breeding pairs) at Cape Adare in the Ross Sea. It was our first step ashore on a trip to Antarctica, and the most awe-inspiring few hours of my life.

Second most amazing was a beach swarming with King penguins, Royal penguins and Elephant seals on Macquarie Island. Absolute cacophany, and absolute, all-encompassing joy!

Third is seeing a polar bear hunting a seal in Svalbard - missed it by just a smidge!

(We are polar junkies).

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-08-2012),headoverfeet  (17-08-2012),MsImpatient  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pumas in WA were rumoured to have been released after being pets of the americans stationed at the base near Exmouth, then bred. How true, I'm not sure.

I stayed at my cousins very old house on their winery, we heard that it was haunted but she said they had smoking ceremonies etc, and there was no activity anymore. One night I dreamt about a ghost, she was a little indian banshee that kept jumping over the bannisters and not letting me go down stairs to get the farm gun to shoot her (kind of understandable, really). Anhoot later when my cousin and her husband came back to the house for the weekend - I told them about my dream. They pointed to a book up on a big library shelf and told me to open it - it was the ghost lady, drawn inside by a person unknown. They had inherited all of the books with the house, so someone else must have seen her and drawn her in it.

Still gives me chills.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Cleigh  (17-08-2012)