+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Awkward social situation advice needed

I have that with one of the school mums. She is even trying to organise her taking DS home after school but I keep telling her we are busy, I am tired from work etc etc but she isn't getting the hint. I believe we will be continueing on all throughout next year with this.

Doesn't help she catches the same bus as us now and always expects DS to sit next to hers otherwise her son chucks the biggest tantrum over it. I even jump on my phone to avoid a conversation with her as she doesn't get the hint.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd be toughing it out until the end of the year - busy, busy, busy. Explain that you do a lot of things as a family after school and that it doesn't suit you.
    Then request the school to have them in separate grades next year - as there are already behavioural things already happening in class the school will most likely accommodate a request like this.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Awkward social situation advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    I have that with one of the school mums. She is even trying to organise her taking DS home after school but I keep telling her we are busy, I am tired from work etc etc but she isn't getting the hint. I believe we will be continueing on all throughout next year with this.

Doesn't help she catches the same bus as us now and always expects DS to sit next to hers otherwise her son chucks the biggest tantrum over it. I even jump on my phone to avoid a conversation with her as she doesn't get the hint.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub
    Omg that sound like them! They keep trying to get DS who is 5 to have sleep overs and go to the movies with just them, I tell them Im not comfortable leaving him with other people. But seriously its been 18mths you would think they would get the message! I got bailed up at school again by the dad today trying to organise a playdate for next week. I said I think we have a doctors appt! Lucky I work so most of the time I do have an excuse but I just wish they would leave me alone.

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have the same problem.

Absolute brat. I almost get the feeling that her mum just wants to get rid of her at our house for an hour or two.

DD tells me she's her best friend, because nobody else likes her. I'm not surprised by this, the kid is irritating in about a million different ways.
    She'll do things like pick her nose and wipe it on other kid's faces, get handfuls of dirt from the garden and throw it in the air, swing her bag around to hit the other kids, swear, spit on the walls, scream for no reason, scratch her crotch and then smell her fingers...I just don't want DD around her.

It's a bit snobby but I also don't like her because she's a bit slow. Not disabled, just stupid. Her parents are that same blank personality. You have to repeat things twice, they never understand even simple jokes, and they say "Huh?" after almost everything you say to them.

She's only come over once, but it'll never happen again. She tortured the cat, wiped snot on the hallways walls, licked the carpet FFS, and when she left she tried to steal a toy by hiding it down the front of her undies. It was a huge Tonka dumptruck, so it was quickly found, even though she stood there with half of it hanging out of her pants yelling "I HAS NOTHIN'!"

I dealt with the parents with simple snubbing. When they approached, I looked at anything I could until they started talking.
    When they talked, I looked past and through them. Just unfocus your eyes, relax your face, and stare past their ear, not at their face directly.
    After a few seconds do a little fake yawn, not even opening your mouth fully, more of a sigh. Then look away, not as if you've seen something interesting, but as if you're waiting alone at a bus stop and it's an hour until the bus arrives. Don't suddenly look, or they look too. Let your eyes slide off their face.

Shorten your words to "Mmmm" and "Uh hmmm" instead of yes, no and other replies.
    When they ask a question, slightly raise your eyebrows and go "Hmm? Sorry.." and then do the over-ear stare again.
    Slowly shift until your feet are pointing away from them and keep your hands in your pockets, or impatiently flipping through a book or tapping on a surface.

Even very persistent or stupid people can translate this body language. It's very obvious "You don't interest me, leave now".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ToughLove For This Useful Post:

mrsoptomistic  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post

I dealt with the parents with simple snubbing. When they approached, I looked at anything I could until they started talking.
    When they talked, I looked past and through them. Just unfocus your eyes, relax your face, and stare past their ear, not at their face directly.
    After a few seconds do a little fake yawn, not even opening your mouth fully, more of a sigh. Then look away, not as if you've seen something interesting, but as if you're waiting alone at a bus stop and it's an hour until the bus arrives. Don't suddenly look, or they look too. Let your eyes slide off their face.

Shorten your words to "Mmmm" and "Uh hmmm" instead of yes, no and other replies.
    When they ask a question, slightly raise your eyebrows and go "Hmm? Sorry.." and then do the over-ear stare again.
    Slowly shift until your feet are pointing away from them and keep your hands in your pockets, or impatiently flipping through a book or tapping on a surface.

Even very persistent or stupid people can translate this body language. It's very obvious "You don't interest me, leave now".
    OMG, epic...

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ToughLove View Post
    We have the same problem.

Absolute brat. I almost get the feeling that her mum just wants to get rid of her at our house for an hour or two.

DD tells me she's her best friend, because nobody else likes her. I'm not surprised by this, the kid is irritating in about a million different ways.
    She'll do things like pick her nose and wipe it on other kid's faces, get handfuls of dirt from the garden and throw it in the air, swing her bag around to hit the other kids, swear, spit on the walls, scream for no reason, scratch her crotch and then smell her fingers...I just don't want DD around her.

It's a bit snobby but I also don't like her because she's a bit slow. Not disabled, just stupid. Her parents are that same blank personality. You have to repeat things twice, they never understand even simple jokes, and they say "Huh?" after almost everything you say to them.

She's only come over once, but it'll never happen again. She tortured the cat, wiped snot on the hallways walls, licked the carpet FFS, and when she left she tried to steal a toy by hiding it down the front of her undies. It was a huge Tonka dumptruck, so it was quickly found, even though she stood there with half of it hanging out of her pants yelling "I HAS NOTHIN'!"

Hahaha lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do a Bart Simpson and when they come to talk to you, just say, "I have to go stand over here now" and then walk about 3 metres away and just stand there.

But, really, just keep saying, "sorry I have to work that day". If they say, "let's catch up next week", say "sorry I have to work that day".

And then go and stand about 3 metres away.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

MoonMoon  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hahaha, you guys crack me up thanks for letting me see the lighter side also thank you for all your serious advice. Looks like Ive got some fobbing off to do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HuntersMum For This Useful Post:

Mulva  (18-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Avoid them.

When you see them say a quick 'hi' but just keep walking - you're in a mad rush.

If they call, get the kids to answer phone and say you're busy.

If you do get stuck talking to them, make something up - anything - to get out of there.

You can do all of this without coming across as just plain rude.

If you don't mind being plain rude, go there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is'nt your kid grounded for being really naughty?
    For The Rest Of The YEAR!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AllYouNeedIsLove For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (18-08-2012)