1 7.14%
  • Straight to toilet before potty

9 64.29%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Potty First Or Straight On Toilet?

Dd went on the toilet with one of those little seats on it. She wont use the toilet without her litttle seat and she wont use any other toilet but ours.

She uses pull ups at night but isn't confident enough to go without it yet despite waking up dry most mornings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DS is terrified of toilets, so he uses a potty even at kindy. It's just too scary to be up that high for him and I'm not going to pressure him to do it if he's not ready.
    That being said, we never used pullups. Went straight to jocks during the day. At 3yo, DH is convinced that the only reason he poops in his night nappy is that he's storing it up all day because he doesn't like pooping in the potty.

Very possible, but his solution is to stick him in jocks at night so that he's forced to use the potty to poop because he won't have a nappy on. What he doesn't realise is that he will continue to poop in his sleep, and then we'll have to clean his sheets every day because he hasn't gotten the waking up to go to the toilet thing down yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Potty First Or Straight On Toilet?

We used a potty from 13ish-16mths for all poos and fair few wees as she was just too small for the toilet. Pull ups for in between.

The toilet we started using from 16/17mths with the insert and went to toilet training pants and knickers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Straight onto the toilet here! No point "training" them to use the potty and then having to "train" them to use the toilet, might as well cut out the middle man, so to speak.

There were also no pull-ups in this house, it's straight from nappies to undies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lillynix View Post
    Straight onto the toilet here! No point "training" them to use the potty and then having to "train" them to use the toilet, might as well cut out the middle man, so to speak.

There were also no pull-ups in this house, it's straight from nappies to undies
    DS used a potty, but we didn't need to 'train' him to use the toilet, that's a bit of a misconception. He naturally started to want to use the toilet, had nothing to do with me, I just let him decide when he was ready.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DD has started to TT but she's so tiny that she'd fall through on the toilet (and I can't find the seat insert!) and she would be up so high so we've gone with the potty to begin with and see how that goes. I'm not sure what we're going to do because she's so tiny she won't be able to get herself on the toilet (even with a stool to help) for a long time and we don't have the room for one of those step thingies with the handles.

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews

We just (as of yesterday) started potty training (I think)

I think we will be potty training for a number of reasons.

*potty is moveable. So if we are out the backyard painting (for example) potty can come with us & is right there if DD needs it (saves wee down MY leg lol)

*DD had one of those steps/seat that attach to the toilet, it broke, she fell in & wouldn't go near the toilet for months (this is why I brought a potty)

*she can get on & off the potty by herself. Eg. Yesterday while I was hanging out washing, she took herself to the potty inside. Toilet she needs my help (number of doors between living area & toilet and not baby proofed so can't leave doors open either)

I like the idea of straight on the toilet, but ATM DD is happy with either but only goes of the potty.

We don't do pull ups either. Its either nappy on (nap times/outings) or nappy off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Straight onto toilet for my daughter. Will do the same for my son.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Potty First Or Straight On Toilet?

I used a potty until he did his first poo .on the potty......

..... really hadn't thought that far. Lol.

After that toilet only.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a packet of pull ups, but I couldn't see any benefit in them, except maybe for night training as it would make it easier to get up and use the toilet without a parent, if they still had on a nappy at night.

when he became interested in using the toilet, I would leave him in undies during the day and just keep asking him, and just mop up any accidents. Or just help him take the nappy off if he was wearing one.