+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Family Day Care or Long Day Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennybaby View Post
    How do they monitor them when they are on their own with the kids? I know there are strict controls, but it doesn't change the fact that there is just one person there. As I said, I personally wouldn't leave my kids with anyone other than my mum completely unsupervised. There is always more than one carer in a centre/room and a director that overseas work on a daily basis. I feel more comfortable with that set up personally...I can see why others would choose fdc...I just wouldn't.
    Yeah that's fair enough. Each to their own By monitoring I meant home checks, paperwork checks, unannounced visits etc. it really is more highly regulated than a lot of people think! I think many people have a vision of a babysitter running around the house doing other things while keeping an eye on children, but really it is much more programmed and controlled than that. They have to adhere to all of the same programming, health, safety, supervisory, etc policies as a centre would. I have to sign my kids in &out each day. They have a program on the wall that tells me what they do all day, and they email photos through at night. They also do learning portfolios with all the kids

I totally respect your choice though! I feel the same way about LDC (too many kids of the same age group with often young and inexperienced carers)........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Family Day Care or Long Day Care?

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2EandR View Post
    Yeah that's fair enough. Each to their own By monitoring I meant home checks, paperwork checks, unannounced visits etc. it really is more highly regulated than a lot of people think! I think many people have a vision of a babysitter running around the house doing other things while keeping an eye on children, but really it is much more programmed and controlled than that. They have to adhere to all of the same programming, health, safety, supervisory, etc policies as a centre would. I have to sign my kids in &out each day. They have a program on the wall that tells me what they do all day, and they email photos through at night. They also do learning portfolios with all the kids

I totally respect your choice though! I feel the same way about LDC (too many kids of the same age group with often young and inexperienced carers)........
    Exactly this.

I have 2 planned visits a month plus about 3 unannounced visits a month. All paperwork has to be emailed through to the scheme on a daily, weekly, monthly (depending on what sort of paperwork) and as with ldc, dhs can do spot visit whenever.