+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I work 4 days a week but when I am at home with DS we play together, or he watches Mickey Mouse (his fave) or he plays/explores outside or he plays inside by himself. But if I need to go online or want a ten mins break to go on FB then I take it, but I ensure I am watching him etc.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Going on the Net when home with the children

I'm another that tries to get DS to play on his own. Sometimes he's happy pottering for hours, sometimes he needs a bit more guidance. When he's like that I'll generally get something out and spend 15-30 minutes setting it up and playing with him, then leave him to his own devices, while I sit back with my cup of tea and phone. Right now he is off with my mum jumping in puddles so i ran around putting laundry away and cleaning up from lunch, now I'm sitting on my bum I'm pretty much online when i first wake up and read the news etc while eating breakfast, then a but more sporadically through the day while DS plays, while he's asleep I might be on for ages or hardly at all depending on if i have other stuff to do.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

heeeeerekittykitty is offline My babies, my cats ....ahhhh , bliss !!!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Going on the Net when home with the children

I will hardly ever post during the day if my kids are awake . Nap times only . I then come back on to post at night when they are in bed . In between those times if they are in their highchair eating or on the jumping castle while I'm sitting there watching them I'll pop on , subscribe to all the interesting topics and read them later that night after bedtime .

I feel guilty if I'm on it during the day . I just do , they are my own issues though . I dont think its wrong that mums are on the net while home in moderation amid the zillion other things that need to be done , no way .

My sons still not talking and that has a lot to do with my guilt . For some reason I just feel very guilty not giving him my full attention even if it's just to sit back quietly and supervise him playing independently. If he was talking I think I'd feel differently , I'd prob be on the net a little more without feeling guilty ! Messed up thinking I know . Clearly I have issues at the moment lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (17-08-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heeeeerekittykitty View Post
    I will hardly ever post during the day if my kids are awake . Nap times only . I then come back on to post at night when they are in bed . In between those times if they are in their highchair eating or on the jumping castle while I'm sitting there watching them I'll pop on , subscribe to all the interesting topics and read them later that night after bedtime .

I feel guilty if I'm on it during the day . I just do , they are my own issues though . I dont think its wrong that mums are on the net while home in moderation amid the zillion other things that need to be done , no way .

My sons still not talking and that has a lot to do with my guilt . For some reason I just feel very guilty not giving him my full attention even if it's just to sit back quietly and supervise him playing independently. If he was talking I think I'd feel differently , I'd prob be on the net a little more without feeling guilty ! Messed up thinking I know . Clearly I have issues at the moment lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Going on the Net when home with the children

My kids are 5 & 7 so are pretty happy to do their own thing. On days when we are all at home or just my youngest and myself i have time to jump on the computer, use my phone, do assignments, etc.
    I tend to check things on my phone more so these days then bothering with the computer so it's easy to find a spare 5 minutes here or there.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    no i dont go on the comp or my phone while my dd is awake as she has a 3hr nap and i know can do all my stuff then. So she gets my full attention when she's up. She's great at entertaining herself so instead of wasting time on fb or bh while she's occupied, i'll get washing done, start dinner, cook up some muffins or whatever and still be able to talk to her from the kitchen, maybe give her some bowls and spoons to play with while im cooking.
    I'll go on bh/fb when all my other stuff is done - it's kinda my reward. Its also a great procrastinator for me from my study.
    DD gets snotty when im sitting at the comp or using my phone anyways.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I mostly only go on once they're in bed of a day or of a night after they've gone to bed. I use my computer as my down time, which certainly wouldn't be the case if they're up...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    HereKitty. I think you sound like an amazing mother.

At the moment I'm trying to stay off the net, (which is being helped by our internet being incredibly flaky at the moment) but I'll pop on during naptime and after the kids are in bed if I'm on track to get my jobs done for the day.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunkamunka View Post
    no i dont go on the comp or my phone while my dd is awake as she has a 3hr nap and i know can do all my stuff then. So she gets my full attention when she's up. She's great at entertaining herself so instead of wasting time on fb or bh while she's occupied, i'll get washing done, start dinner, cook up some muffins or whatever and still be able to talk to her from the kitchen, maybe give her some bowls and spoons to play with while im cooking.
    I'll go on bh/fb when all my other stuff is done - it's kinda my reward. Its also a great procrastinator for me from my study.
    DD gets snotty when im sitting at the comp or using my phone anyways.

i get my tidying done when monkey is in bed I cant be more than a few metres away from her at any one time so it makes that sort of stuff a night mare when she is awake, I get it all dont but Usually when she is first settled to sleep of a night before she starts alarming, no day sleeps here but .

I dont sit at my computer i check my phone randomly DD never gets sh*ty cause she knows im always playing with her anyway she doesnt have ti compete with it for attention

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heeeeerekittykitty View Post

HUGS guilt sucks, i know exactly how you feel xxx