+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Oh that sounds good, Kenz never plays by her self lol
    Yeah in your circumstances I totally get having to play with her all day and in that having to get some adult interaction for yourself, she's socially at an age where she needs constant interaction with others and she's quite restricted in what she can do for fun. You're an awesome mum for not letting her go without. I'm sure it takes buckets of patience. Your hubby is FIFO too? I just can't even imagine.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Yeah in your circumstances I totally get having to play with her all day and in that having to get some adult interaction for yourself, she's socially at an age where she needs constant interaction with others and she's quite restricted in what she can do for fun. You're an awesome mum for not letting her go without. I'm sure it takes buckets of patience. Your hubby is FIFO too? I just can't even imagine.

Monkey has always needed constant supervision and distraction so she has always had that one on one attention so there for she doent know any diffrent, If i go in the shower she sits and screams for me to get back, but i work of the theory a screaming baby is a breathing baby so i know she is fine, she isnt allowed to move of the chair while im in the shower incase she pulls anything out and she knows that, she is good these days but yer always one on one.
    At school during work trays she and her besty share and aide and well there both very needy so i feel sorry for the aide lol

oh and yerp DH works away 4 and 1 bt we actually see him more now then when he worked in the city cause his week of is all a week of no over time and stuff its awesome, right now he is on a 6 weeker and thats a bit long but yer all good, and No im not a patient person fake it till ya make it is my moto lol i can pretend im not wanting to scream pretty well haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nowhere For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Going on the Net when home with the children

I go on my phone in the mornings. I get woken by dh's alarm at 5:30, so I normally check then and wait for the kids to wake up.

The days I am home, I go to the gym in the mornings, then we head to the park or somewhere.

I check occasionally while my son is sleeping, whilst playing with my daughter.

In the afternoons, I'm out with the kids again, and then cooking dinner. I then go on in the evenings.

I'm at work now, and don't usually have time to go on, but I have 11 children out at swim school and about 5 at inter school sport. So, I'm marking books and checking phone while the kids are catching up on unfinished work.

I have a friend who is constantly on her phone, and gets annoyed when her 2 year old is doing something that requires her to look up from her phone. So sad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

I'm on and off all day. DD is sleeping now so it's mummy time . Just had some lunch, now watching tv and surfing FB & BH on my phone. DD just turned 1 and entertains herself for a while, then comes looking for me to play with her or get her food (she's soooo hungry at the moment!) or she just wants in on whatever I'm doing. If I open the laptop she desperately wants to bash the keyboard so I stick to my phone when she's around!

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I go on my phone in the mornings. I get woken by dh's alarm at 5:30, so I normally check then and wait for the kids to wake up.

The days I am home, I go to the gym in the mornings, then we head to the park or somewhere.

I check occasionally while my son is sleeping, whilst playing with my daughter.

In the afternoons, I'm out with the kids again, and then cooking dinner. I then go on in the evenings.

I'm at work now, and don't usually have time to go on, but I have 11 children out at swim school and about 5 at inter school sport. So, I'm marking books and checking phone while the kids are catching up on unfinished work.

I have a friend who is constantly on her phone, and gets annoyed when her 2 year old is doing something that requires her to look up from her phone. So sad.

oh thats really sad poor little 2 year old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have a family member who does this, it's really sad. The kids take her phone and throw it when they're ****y, I don't know if it's them deliberately removing the obstacle between them and their mum.

I guess that's why I like the forum, there's less pressure to reply instantly. I never use FB chat or play games live online as I feel I need to be able to drop whatever I'm doing if my kids need/want something. Same with my book, I can just click save and go bounce on the tramp.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    yer i know but i think i went wrong hahaha
    Read this quote and then the last thing you posted. You didnt go wrong. You are doing the work of a village all by yourself while you other half is away.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

2girls1boyplus1  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Rarely use my laptop during the day otherwise DS dives on top of it lol I'm on my phone a bit though but I never deprive my baby of attention

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm on my phone/iPad/laptop continuously during nap time and after DS goes to bed but while he's awake I will check my emails/Facebook/bubhub every 5-10 minutes. I'm still interacting with him though.

Like when he's eating lunch, it takes frigging forever, so I'll chat to him but I'll also be on Facebook. Playgroup, kindergym etc is where he gets my undivided attention for hours.

Probably not great but I spend all day playing with him and interacting with him, I just like to multitask.

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I have my laptop on all day if I need to do something on it I would in the morning just after everyone wakes up. I use my phone all day between playing with the kids and cleaning.