+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Going on the Net when home with the children

Hey

Spin off from a comment in another thread.

Do you go on the net when your home looking after the kids, If so when like do you only go on when they are sleeping or at school or what.

Personally i do a bit of both like right now im playing with DD but i sneak onto my phone or ipad ( well laptop to post this ) in between games, or my favourite trick right now as her fav game is doc mcstuffin so i tell her im writing her notes on my phone lol.

So i play with her all day but i have lots of sneaky looks on my phone and ipad as well.

So do others do this to or am i just mean mummy, Oh and we defo also play for hours with out me checking as well but if we are playing a game and she is fluffing around i look on my phone as well.

When i sit down with her to watch her show I also go on the computer again not always but some days

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I normally have my computer open all day. Sometimes Im sitting at it, other times its open and on whilst Im doing other things around the house or with DS.
    Luckily, DS is at an age when he can entertain himself anyway. If Im specifically doing something with him like art and craft or homework or lego or something, then I wait till we are all finished before I run back to my oxygen, I MEAN, computer.

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I normally have my computer open all day. Sometimes Im sitting at it, other times its open and on whilst Im doing other things around the house or with DS.
    Luckily, DS is at an age when he can entertain himself anyway. If Im specifically doing something with him like art and craft or homework or lego or something, then I wait till we are all finished before I run back to my oxygen, I MEAN, computer.

yer that goes with out saying stuff that need your full attention, i dont go on it at all for her set activities but i do when we are playing a doc mcstuffin games and that sort of ongoing games lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Right now my kids are napping after a morning of being at the playground with their dad.

I don't have to play with my kids constantly, it doesn't fit with our parenting philosophies. We have a series of activities available to them while they're home and several out of home activities they do, many play dates and of course, they have each other.

I use the net on my phone and computer, whenever I am sitting down to relax I'll usually check it. Right now I'm making a book for my family, so refresh the forum and facebook between pages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlissedOut View Post
    Right now my kids are napping after a morning of being at the playground with their dad.

I don't have to play with my kids constantly, it doesn't fit with our parenting philosophies. We have a series of activities available to them while they're home and several out of home activities they do, many play dates and of course, they have each other.

I use the net on my phone and computer, whenever I am sitting down to relax I'll usually check it. Right now I'm making a book for my family, so refresh the forum and facebook between pages.

Oh that sounds good, Kenz never plays by her self lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah Im on it unless I need to be doing something else, like house work or make lunches etc. Pretty sh!tty weather lately so spend most of the day inside. Kids might be watching a movie or drawing etc. I have nothing better to be doing an I hate having to play with the kids all day lol I will go outside in the afternoons and play soccor with them but during the day I just do my own thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Right now my son is sitting next to me watching tv and I'm online.
    He is 2 and if he wants my attention I'll give it to him, but I thin it's important he learns inderpendand play. So he does his thing and I do mine, of cours we do things together but not every minuet he is awake.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

hopefulmama2b  (17-08-2012)

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere View Post
    Oh that sounds good, Kenz never plays by her self lol
    Id imagine it would be a whole new ball game for you because she needs your attention pretty much constantly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    man i went wrong some where lol kenz is 6 and a half and never plays on her own right this minute im taking notes apparently about her ballerina who has cant go upside down atosis as it makes her dizzy lol, I also have a bandage over my head because i have a apparent head ache and my pinky finger is broken lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Id imagine it would be a whole new ball game for you because she needs your attention pretty much constantly.
    yer i know but i think i went wrong hahaha