+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 15 Month Old with reflux

Hi everyone

Has anyone used a cot wedge to help reflux in older babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never did...i used rolled up towels under the mattress and when she co-slept with me i used a flat firm pillow which she still sleeps on.....personally i think they're a waste of money and i think towels under the mattress work better as you can add more or less depending on how high you need bub to be elevated to be comfortable...but i do know mums that found them useful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,

Generally the SIDS guidelines are not to use them. I personally only used one once and felt really uncomfortable with it.

I did sleep bubs propped on her left side and it helped marginally. The part where the oesophagus connects to the stomach is at the back and right so sleeping on the left can help reduce how much is coming up. But its something you should only do in consultation with a doctor and in severe cases.

SIDS advice is strictly no sleep aids at all. (I'm sure you know that but I've gotta be careful as a RISA rep). Just wanted to share my personal experience coz I was one of the rare ones where the docs did say it was probably best to prop her.

HTH

Jo

Similar Threads

1. Does having one baby with reflux make you more likely to have another with reflux?
    By Witchypoo in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 23-11-2012, 14:39
  2. Solids and reflux - did it improve the reflux?
    By CamD in forum Colic Reflux Wind
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 21:45