+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Boys Blue View Post
    I tried cold turkey with night time nappies but he just kept wetting the bed. Any tips anybody?
    It can be hormonal - some children just don't have the capacity to hold their urine for so long at a time & boys often take longer to TT at night-time.

Most parents wake their children during the night to take them to the toilet, say when they go to bed at 10 and then again during the night.

I am way too lazy to do this so will just wait til DS can hold it all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Default How did you toilet train your toddler?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    It can be hormonal - some children just don't have the capacity to hold their urine for so long at a time & boys often take longer to TT at night-time.

Most parents wake their children during the night to take them to the toilet, say when they go to bed at 10 and then again during the night.

I am way too lazy to do this so will just wait til DS can hold it all night.
    I don't believe it takes boys longer. I just think it is different for every child.

Also I don't wake DS to go to the toilet during the night. He goes before bed and if he needs to go during which is very very rare then he wakes up and calls me if he needs help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I noticed when DS was about 18 months that I could tell when he needed to poo. I bought him a potty and tried him on it a few times.

A month ago I launched into it fulltime. Undies all day, and lots of accidents. After about 4-5 days he "got it". He's been toilet-trained and dry for the last 3 weeks (daytime only, not sleeps). He just turned 2 this week and we were all very proud that he wore his special undies and stayed dry during his party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Oh gosh. I've never been non lazy enough to get up in the night. We have just been lucky, except with put eldest.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just let them watch me go and asked them when they showed interest if they wanted to try it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    It can be hormonal - some children just don't have the capacity to hold their urine for so long at a time & boys often take longer to TT at night-time. Most parents wake their children during the night to take them to the toilet, say when they go to bed at 10 and then again during the night. I am way too lazy to do this so will just wait til DS can hold it all night.
    Ds is nearly 4 and has been day trained since 2 but is totally not interested in night traing. Im not too worried but with 2 others in nappies it would be nice to ditch his nappies altogether!Im another who is far too lazy to wake up! I value what precious sleep I have too much lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Offered it a lot once she showed awareness and then one day she decided it was time. No accidents and no training.

I was too lazy for three day training etc.