+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default What do you do to protect your children...warning, trigger topic

From s.exual Abu$e?

The stats are alarming

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Build their confidence and tell them to tell us if ANYONE touches them inappropriately.
    Ok, probably doesn't protect them from it, I don't think you fully can without taking away their childhood and locking them up in their bedroom for 16 years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

I think that definitely helps protect them to some extent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: What do you do to protect your children...warning, trigger topic

I was personally sexually assaulted when I was four by a family member. Be very careful who you trust leaving your children with! And please always trust what they tell you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jess1992 For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by jess1992 View Post
    I was personally sexually assaulted when I was four by a family member. Be very careful who you trust leaving your children with! And please always trust what they tell you.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Hugs. Mine was a family friend too. And then 2 school 'friend's'

Thanks
    Reviews

Is is important. And it's never too early. It is so sad that we even have to worry about this.

I just HATE that it is so common and is something that can affect your whole life

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

jess1992  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I haven't really done anything yet, but he's almost 4 so will probably start soon by telling him about people not touching him etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: What do you do to protect your children...warning, trigger topic

DS is 4 and from a very early age we have had him wash and dry his own genitals reminding him that they are his private parts and that only he or mummy and daddy should touch them.

We also tell him that if anyone every touches him or makes him do anything yucky that he can tell mummy or daddy.

He understands and that will do for now,as he gets older we can discuss more.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

DS is only 2.5 but I've started teaching him that only he should touch his private parts and he shouldn't touch anyone else's.

I have also taught him to say "please stop, I don't like it" if someone is doing something he doesn't like. He has used this to people when he was being tickled too much and when DP was rubbing his leg yesterday (he was cold).

I was a bit weirded out when DP's mum gave him a bath and washed his penis. Probably just me overreacting but I was there and she could have gotten him to do it. Their family is all a bit too open with showers/baths for me. Anyway sorry, that was off on a tangent.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sexual abuse is so common and it is Definately one my top priority to protect my children from. I was sexually abused by my mothers partner from 5-11 and I will forever be scared for my kids safety because of it.

I have told my eldest DS that if anyone ever makes him feel strange or scared or yucky to tell me right away. Or if any strangers talk to him. Which did happen once.
    Especially now I am pregnant with a daughter I will be ever so protective of her. Not that the boys need less but just because of my experience.