+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fined for 'swiping' someone else's child

I'm not sure about other states, but it's actually not illegal in Victoria for children to roam the streets, BUT it is illegal to leave anyone under the age of 12 at home alone...go figure :/ a friend of mine actually called the police and asked, because her 8yr old keeps bugging her to walk to school on his own and she told him it's against the law. Called the police to confirm and was actually told it's not against the law at all! Stupid! I agree it's assault but if he did in fact slap him about the face, would there not be marks? I know my son has a habit of stretching the truth when he's about to get in trouble, who's to say this boy didn't do the same thing. But then again, it's something I could see an elderly man doing as well. Who are we to play the judge on whether or not it happened. But we can all agree it is wrong to hit out at a child.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to escapethefate For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I am not at all condoning this behavior but I wonder how the man slapped a child 8 times to the face? If someone hit me once I would be running the away! Even as a child.
    But even one hit is assault and there are other ways of handling the situation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't find it hard to believe that he would plead guilty even if he hadn't done it...just read the responses here...he would not have got a fair trial if it had gone to trial as people are too quick to believe things when it comes to kids.

This kid had been roaming the streets unsupervised...harrassing his neighbour...his mother should be held accountable. Had she provided proper supervision, the whole thing would not have happened.

If someone was playing knock and run several times a day over a period of months...i reckon i might lose my nut as well!! I would certainly grab them if i had to...and from what i have read, that is probably what happened here.

I have an 8 year old boy, and if someone hit him I would be fuming...but, he doesn't go out unsupervised and it would not occur to him to play knock and run! It is NOT normal mischief...it is harrassment when done to the level here.

This kid has learnt that he can torment someone over a period of months and then his mum gets a nice pay off...awesome, cannot wait to hear about how wonderful and productive his life is and what a lovely teenager he will be!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

lolly137  (17-08-2012),Stiflers Mom  (17-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by smileygirl View Post
    I don't find it hard to believe that he would plead guilty even if he hadn't done it...just read the responses here...he would not have got a fair trial if it had gone to trial as people are too quick to believe things when it comes to kids.

This kid had been roaming the streets unsupervised...harrassing his neighbour...his mother should be held accountable. Had she provided proper supervision, the whole thing would not have happened.

If someone was playing knock and run several times a day over a period of months...i reckon i might lose my nut as well!! I would certainly grab them if i had to...and from what i have read, that is probably what happened here.

I have an 8 year old boy, and if someone hit him I would be fuming...but, he doesn't go out unsupervised and it would not occur to him to play knock and run! It is NOT normal mischief...it is harrassment when done to the level here.

This kid has learnt that he can torment someone over a period of months and then his mum gets a nice pay off...awesome, cannot wait to hear about how wonderful and productive his life is and what a lovely teenager he will be!
    People are too SLOW to believe kids in most cases, not too quick.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (17-08-2012),delirium  (17-08-2012)

Nowhere is offline Winner 2007- Most Supportive Of Feeding Other-Than-Breast Award
    Winner 2010- Most Optimistic Poster Award
    Winner 2010- The Most Supportive Member Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He should be charged no way should he be hitting a child thats is disgusting or anyone for that matter. I also however thing the child care giver should be charged to for letting the kid roam the streets nocking on strange peoples doors anything could of happened to him, terrible behaviour all around in my opinion

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    People are too SLOW to believe kids in most cases, not too quick.

not here though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

not here though...
    What do you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora67 View Post
    I am not at all condoning this behavior but I wonder how the man slapped a child 8 times to the face? If someone hit me once I would be running the away! Even as a child.
    But even one hit is assault and there are other ways of handling the situation!
    It was 5 times on the face (according to the news). I made a typo in the original post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Fined for 'swiping' someone else's child

Nobody got a pay off - he was fined not sued.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Re: Fined for 'swiping' someone else's child

not here though...
    Here or not he plead guilty, he took the child home and explained what happened. It doesn't seem as though there was any his word against the child.

He may have been remorseful , there may have been witnesses. For whatever reason he confessed to hitting the child in the face 5 times. Try to play that out, like on a pillow, how do you hit someone 5 times as a reaction... once... twice... but really the act goes well and truly beyond a reasonable response to a child being a pain.

The thing that's crap though as well is I'll agree- no lesson learned. The child is now the victim of an assault. Had he not been assaulted there would be room for a reasonable punishment or repercussion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    Last edited by Boobycino; 17-08-2012 at 12:26.